Pearls before swine
|Look up cast pearls before swine in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
"Pearls before swine" and "casting pearls" refer to a quotation from Matthew 7:6 in Jesus's Sermon on the Mount, implying that you should not put what is valuable in front of those who will reject the notion that it has value and furthermore that they will seek to diminish or destroy what you offer.
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."
"Nolite dare sanctum canibus, neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos, ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis, et conversi disrumptam vos"
Pearls before swine may also refer to:
- "Casting Pearls Before the Swine", a bonus song by the neo-classical guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen, from the album Facing the Animal
- Pearls Before Swine (band), an American psychedelic folk band
- "Pearls before the Swine", a song by Thrash Metal band Machine Head from their album Unto the Locust
- "Pearls before the Swine", a song by metal band Corrosion of Conformity from their album Deliverance
- "Perler for Svin," a 1996 album by Norwegian rock band Raga Rockers.
- Pearls Before Swine (comics), a comic strip by American cartoonist Stephan Pastis
- Pearls Before Swine (film), a 1999 Australian movie starring Boyd Rice
- Pearls Before Swine, a puzzle/logic game using the Nim format
- Pearls Before Swine, the twelfth novel in the Albert Campion series by Margery Allingham (published in UK as Coroner's Pidgin)
- God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater (also known as Pearls Before Swine), a novel by Kurt Vonnegut
Casting Pearls may also refer to:
- Casting Pearls (album), the debut album by Christian rock band VOTA (formerly named Casting Pearls).
- "Casting Pearls", the fourth album by Welsh rock band Melys
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.