|Born||Pearry Reginald Teo Zhang Pingli
23 July 1978
|Other names||Pearry Reginald Teo|
|Occupation||Film director, producer and screenwriter|
Pearry Reginald Teo began his career with as a school drop out, making quirky horror films, with borrowed cameras. His first film, Liberata Me, won the New York International Film Festival for best horror film. Shortly after, his following films would win him awards, sealing his first feature film deal The Gene Generation.
A fashion design drop out, Teo attended school in Melbourne, Australia before arriving to the United States to pursue his career in filmmaking. His growing list of fan base comprises mostly those in the underground sub-culture, whose keen interest in him lies in his unique but dark visual style. The movie, The Gene Generation, stars Bai Ling and Faye Dunaway. The movie was released on DVD on 27 January 2009.
In August 2009, "Pearry Reginald Teo" shot NBC / Universal (Syfy) first production in China called "Witchville" which stars Luke Goss, MyAnna Buring and Sarah Douglas. The film has a release date of 22 May 2010 on the Syfy Channel.
In 2013, Pearry collaborated with author Christine Converse on Bedlam Stories, a fictional account of famous reporter Nellie Bly's stay in a mental institution in the 1920s. The novel combines the fictional worlds of Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz in a horror genre.
- Dracula : The Dark Prince (2013) (director)
- Killer's Creed (2013) (director)
- Dark Oz (2010) (director)
- Witchville (2010) (Director)
- Necromentia (2009) (director/co-writer)
- A Bed of Thorns (2008) (director / producer)
- The 13th Hour (2008) (co-director / producer / co-writer)
- The Gene Generation (2007) (director)
- Reflections (2005/I) (co-producer)
- The Passing (2005) (co-producer)
- Take Me Somewhere Nice (2004) (director / writer / producer)
- Children of the Arcana (2003) (director / writer / producer)
- Liberata Me, aka Fade to Black (USA) (2002) (director / writer/ producer)
|This Singaporean biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|