Peter A. Hammen
|Peter A. Hammen|
|Member of the Maryland House of Delegates
from the 46th district
January 11, 1995
|Preceded by||Anthony M. DiPietro Jr.|
July 1, 1966 |
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
Peter A. Hammen (born July 1, 1966) is an American politician who represents the 46th legislative district in the Maryland House of Delegates. Delegate Hammen is also the Chairman of the House Health and Government Operations Committee.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2008)|
In the legislature
Delegate Hammen has been a member of House of Delegates since January 11, 1995. He initially served on the House Environmental Matters Committee and then moved to the House Health and Government Operations Committee in 2003. He has served as that committee's chairman since 2005. He is the House Co-Chair of the Joint Legislative Task Force on Small-Group Market Health Insurance.
- Co-sponsored HB 860 (Baltimore City Public Schools Construction and Revitalization Act of 2013). Signed by the Governor on May 16, 2013, the new law approved 1.1 billion dollars to construct new schools in Baltimore City.
- voted for HB6, requiring custodial interrogations in capital cases be recorded(2008) 
- voted for Higher Education-Tuition Charges-Maryland High School Students(2007) (HB6)
- co-sponsored House Bill 30 in 2007-Maryland Education Fund - Establishment and Funding 
- voted for the Tax Reform Act of 2007(HB2)
- voted in favor of prohibiting ground rents in 2007(SB106)
- voted for the Clean Indoor Air Act of 2007 (HB359) 
- voted for Healthy Air Act in 2006 (SB154) 
- voted against slots in 2005 (HB1361)
- voted for income tax reduction in 1998 (SB750)
General election results, 2006
- 2006 Race for Maryland House of Delegates – 46th District
- Voters to choose three:
Name Votes Percent Outcome Peter A. Hammen, Dem. 15,883 29.6% Won Carolyn J. Krysiak, Dem. 15,856 29.6% Won Brian K. McHale, Dem. 13,921 29.0% Won Peter Kimos, Rep. 6,219 11.6% Lost Other Write-Ins 154 0.3%
- 2010 Most Influential Maryland Legislators (Top 20)
- "House Bill 860". Maryland Legislative Services. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "HB6". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- "House Bill 6". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-06-30.
- House Bill 30 "House Bill 30". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-06-30.
- "House Bill 359". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-07-11.
- "Senate Bill 154". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-06-30.
- "House Bill 1361". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-06-29.
- "Senate Bill 750". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-07-11.
- "House of Delegates Results". Maryland State Board of Elections. Retrieved 2007-06-27.
- Poll (2 April 2010). "Where Does Your Legislator Rank? See the list.". Maryland Gazette of Politics and Business. Retrieved 10 April 2010.