Peter F. Stevens
He is a researcher at the Missouri Botanical Garden and professor of Biology of the University of Missouri–St. Louis. He is a member of the Angiosperm Phylogeny Group which created the APG, APG II and APG III systems.
He maintains a web site, APweb, hosted by the Missouri Botanical Garden, which has been regularly updated since 2001, and is a useful source for the latest research in angiosperm phylogeny which follows the APG approach.
The standard author abbreviation P.F.Stevens is used to indicate P. F. Stevens as the author when citing a botanical name. He has named dozens of species, mostly in the families Clusiaceae and Ericaceae, and he also described the genus Romnalda (Asparagaceae).
- Commended by, e.g., NCBI and Kew.
- "Stevens, Peter Francis (1944–)". Author Details. International Plant Names Index. Retrieved March 9, 2012.
- "Peter F. Stevens". Universität Hamburg. Retrieved March 9, 2012.
- R. J. F. Henderson (1982). "Romnalda grallata, a new species of the Xanthorrhoeaceae from Queensland". Kew Bulletin 37 (2): 229–235. JSTOR 4109965.
|Wikispecies has information related to: Peter F. Stevens|
- Peter F. Stevens (P.F.Stevens) in IPNI (list of species described by Peter F. Stevens)
- Personal page of Peter F. Stevens on Angiosperm Phylogeny Website