From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term Philippopolis (Greek: Φιλιππούπολη), which translates as "Philip's Town", may refer to the following cities:
- Plovdiv, Bulgaria (named after Philip II of Macedon, Alexander the Great's father)
- Shahba, Syria (named after Roman emperor Philip the Arab)
The term may also refer to:
- Battle of Philippopolis (disambiguation), several different battles
- Hermes of Philippopolis — one of the Seventy Disciples
- Duchy of Philippopolis — a short-lived duchy of the Latin Empire after the breakup of the Byzantine Empire
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Philippopolis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.