Piano Trio No. 1 (Arensky)
- Allegro moderato (9:50)
- Scherzo – Allegro molto (5:55)
- Elegia – Adagio (6:20)
- Finale – Allegro non troppo (5:50)
Although by a lesser-known composer, it is highly regarded and often considered[by whom?] the gem among Arensky's compositions.
The trio is dedicated to the memory of Karl Davydov.
The composer made a very early recording of the trio on wax cylinders, with the violinist Jan Hřímalý, the cellist Anatoliy Brandukov, and himself at the piano. This recording was made shortly after its composition and is almost certainly its first recording, although it is not complete.
- See score and performance at IMSLP.
- Wakin, Daniel J. "Classical Ghosts, Audible Once Again", New York Times, 24 October 2008. Retrieved on 2010-10-31.
- Marston Records. "The Dawn of Recording: The Julius Block Cylinders", Retrieved on 2010-10-31.
- Arensky Piano Trio No. 1: Free scores at the International Music Score Library Project
- Piano Trio No. 1 (Arensky) at AllMusic
- Performance of Arensky's Piano Trio No. 1 by The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in MP3 format
|This article about a composition for a chamber music group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|