Pingat Pentadbiran Awam
|Pingat Pentadbiran Awam|
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
|Awarded by Singapore|
|Eligibility||any person employed by, or associated with, government service|
|Awarded for||outstanding efficiency, competence and industry|
|Next (higher)||Bintang Bakti Masyarakat (above all)
Pingat Keberanian (above silver and bronze)
|Equivalent||Pingat Pentadbiran Awam (Tentera)|
|Next (lower)||Pingat Keberanian (below gold)
Pingat Kepujian (below all)
Ribbon prior to 1996
The Pingat Pentadbiran Awam (Public Administration Medal) was instituted in Singapore in 1963 and has three grades:
- Emas (Gold)
- Perak (Silver)
- Gangsa (Bronze)
The medal may be awarded to any of the following persons for outstanding efficiency, competence and industry:
- any person who is or has been a public officer.
- any person who is or has been an officer employed by any statutory authority (other than a Town Council).
- any person who is or has been in the service of any organisation, association or body rendering services in the field of education.
- any person who is or has been employed in any company which is wholly owned by the Government and which is carrying on business mainly as an agent or instrumentality of the Government.
Recipients are entitled to use the post-nominal letters PPA, and may include the grade in brackets - e.g.: PPA(E).
- The medal consists of 4 integrated and perforated pentagons having, on the obverse side, a four-pointed star upon which is a shield bearing a crescent and 5 stars. Below the shield is a scroll bearing the inscription "PINGAT PENTADBIRAN AWAM".
- The reverse bears the State Arms.
- The ribbon consists of a red centre band flanked immediately on each side by a white stripe, followed by a grey stripe with a thin red stripe in the centre, then a white band, a thin grey stripe, a thin red stripe and finally, a grey band, in that order.
- Singapore Prime Minister's Office - The Public Administration Medal (Bronze)
- Singapore Prime Minister's Office - The Public Administration Medal (Silver)
- Singapore Prime Minister's Office - The Public Administration Medal (Gold)