||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2009)|
Plucker version of Tirant lo Blanc.
|Original author(s)||Mark Lillywhite|
|Stable release||1.8 Palm Application
220.127.116.11 Desktop Installer Package
0.6.3 Windows Mobile devices / 2004
|Operating system||Palm OS, Linux, Windows, Windows Mobile|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Plucker is an offline Web and free e-book reader for Palm OS based handheld devices, Windows Mobile (Pocket PC) devices, and other PDAs. Plucker contains POSIX tools, scripts, and "conduits" which work on Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, and Unix. Web pages can be processed, compressed, and transferred to the PDA for viewing by the Plucker viewer.
- Clickable images (with pan and zoom)
- Italic and narrow support
- High-resolution fonts
- Multiple concurrent documents (more than one copy of the same material)
- Configurable display options (rotation, configurable toolbars)
- Advanced stylus options (gestures and hardware button navigation)
- zlib and PalmDoc compression (in native and ARM optimized versions)
- Python, C++, and Perl distillers and scripts
- A Microsoft Windows graphical installer
Through the use of intelligent "distillers" written in many common languages (currently Python, C++ and Perl with third-party versions written in Java), content can be created for Plucker from many sources, including HTML, PDF, RDF, RSS, text files, and many other file formats.
- Wikipedia:Snapshots - Subset of 2000 Wikipedia articles available in Plucker format
- FBReader - a free software FictionBook ebook reader which can also view Plucker and HTML files.
- Sample Plucker documents for dozens of different ebooks and other works.
- Interview with Mark Lillywhite, original author of Plucker David A. Desrosiers - October 10th 2002 Plucker
- Plucker Authors
- An Open Source Success Story: A History of Plucker Plucker
- Steward, Sid (2004). "Create a Handheld Edition from Your HTML". PDF Hacks: 100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools. O'Reilly Media. pp. 91–94. ISBN 9781449362201. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "Plucker User Guide"
- Official website
- Source code
- Plucker Projects, aka "Plucker Workshop"
- Vade-Mecum, Plucker viewer for Pocket PC.
|This Palm OS software related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This free software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|