From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pluralism in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pluralism is used in different ways across a wide range of topics. It denotes a diversity of views and stands rather than a single approach or method of interpretation:
- Benefice, in the sense of holding multiple ecclesiastical offices
- Cosmic pluralism, the belief in numerous other worlds beyond the Earth, which may possess the conditions suitable for life
- Cultural pluralism, when small groups within a larger society maintain their unique cultural identities (see Multiculturalism)
- Legal pluralism, acknowledges the existence of differing legal systems in the world
- Methodological pluralism, the view that some phenomena observed in science and social science require multiple methods to account for their nature
- Pluralism (industrial relations), recognition of a multiplicy of legitimate interests and stakeholders in the employment relationship
- Pluralism (political philosophy), the acknowledgment of a diversity of political systems
- Pluralism (political theory), belief that there should be diverse and competing centres of power in society, so that there is a marketplace for ideas
- Pluralist school, a Greek school of pre-Socratic professors
- Educational pluralism, the belief that an educational community is enriched when individual differences are respected and welcomed.
- Religious pluralism, the acceptance of all religious paths as equally valid, promoting coexistence
- Scientific pluralism, the view that some phenomena observed in science require multiple explanations to account for their nature.
- Social pluralism, places the study of political phenomena on the ground where systematic explanation is the norm.
In philosophy 
- Epistemological pluralism, a set of untold truths about the world, but rather many
- Metaphysical pluralism, a doctrine according to which many basic substances make up reality
- Value pluralism, the idea that there are several values which may be equally correct and fundamental, and yet in conflict with each other
See also 
- Artistic interpretation
- Journal of Legal Pluralism
- Global Centre for Pluralism, an international centre for research, education and exchange, based in Ottawa, Canada
Pluralistic society is involved in Globalization
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.