Political Studies Association
The Political Studies Association of the United Kingdom (PSA) is an association of political scientists that exists to develop and promote the study of politics in the United Kingdom. It is the leading association in its field in the UK, with an international membership including academics in political science and current affairs, theorists and practitioners, policy makers, researchers and students in higher education.
The PSA publishes four journals:
- British Journal of Politics and International Relations
- Political Studies: publishes research in all areas of politics and international relations. The journal's approach is not dominated by a particular methodological or theoretical framework. Indeed the editors have expressed their wish to encourage a pluralism and debate between approaches. 
- Political Studies Review: provides not only reviews of new books and literature on political science and international relations but also provides a forum for wide-ranging debates and reviews.
The PSA holds an annual awards ceremony, giving prizes to political scientists, journalists and politicians. In 2000, to celebrate its 50th anniversary, the PSA also awarded one-off Lifetime Achievement Awards to Brian Barry, Jean Blondel, David Butler, Bernard Crick, Stanley Hoffmann and Richard Rose.
PSA Specialist Groups
The PSA has a network of over forty "Specialist Groups" that provide a research focus for members and receive support from the PSA. Examples of these groups include:
Anarchist Studies Network
The principal aim of the Anarchist Studies Network is to coordinate and promote the re-investigation of anarchism as a political ideology. As of 2011, the group was administered by Ruth Kinna (Convenor), Alex Prichard (Convenor and Secretary) and Alexandre Christoyannopoulos (Treasurer).
- "Political Studies UK: Studying, Teaching and Researching Politics in the United Kingdom" (PDF). Political Studies Association. 2004. Retrieved 2008-04-10.[dead link]
- http://www.politicalstudies.org/ Political Studies (journal)
- http://www.politicalstudiesreview.org/ Political Studies Review
- "Accolade for the best in political studies". British Academy. 2000-11-21. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- "Political Studies UK: Specialist Groups". Political Studies Association. 2007. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- "Anarchist Studies Network".
- Homepage of the PSA
- Politics journal homepage
- Political Studies journal homepage
- Political Studies Review journal homepage
- British Journal of Politics and International Relations journal homepage
- Political Insight journal homepage
|This article about an education organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a political organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This political science article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|