|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
A pops orchestra is an orchestra that plays popular music (generally traditional pop) and show tunes as well as well-known classical works. Pops orchestras are generally organised in large cities and are distinct from the more "highbrow" symphony or philharmonic orchestras which also may exist in the same city. This is not to say that the distinction is complete; many symphony orchestras (for instance, the Detroit Symphony Orchestra) put on pops performances with some regularity.
In the United Kingdom
- English Pops Orchestra
In the United States
- Austin Pops
- Bob Lappin and The Palm Beach Pops
- Boston Pops Orchestra
- Carolina Pops Orchestra
- Chattanooga Pops
- Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
- Dallas Pops
- Davenport Pops Orchestra
- Cleveland Pops Orchestra
- Golden State Pops Orchestra
- Harvard Pops Orchestra
- Hollywood Bowl Orchestra
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Minneapolis Pops Orchestra
- National Symphony Orchestra
- The New York Pops
- Pasadena POPS
- Philly Pops
- Reno Pops Orchestra
- Salt Lake City Pops Orchestra
- San Francisco Pops Orchestra
- Tucson Pops Orchestra
- University of Michigan Pops Orchestra
In the Philippines
- Twilite Orchestra
- Queensland Pops Orchestra
- "www.englishpopsorchestra.com". www.englishpopsorchestra.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Austin Pops Home". Austinpops.org. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Home Bob Lappin". Palm Beach Pops. 2013-09-06. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "CarolinaPops.com". Carolina Pops. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Pops on the River 2013 - Home". Chattanoogapops.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Dallas POPS". Dallas POPS. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- 9:30 pm. "Davenport Pops Orchestra". Yale.edu. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- [dead link]
- "Tucson Pops Orchestra - Home". Tucsonpops.org. 2013-09-29. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- [dead link]
- "Queensland Pops Orchestra". Popsorchestra.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
|This article on a classical orchestra is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|