This page is about the year 2013 in astronomy.
2013 (MMXIII) will be a common year starting on a Tuesday in the Gregorian calendar. It will be the 2013th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations; the 13th year of the 3rd millennium and the 21st century; and the 4th of the 2010s decade. It will also be the first year to be denoted by four different digits in 26 years (since 1987).
Moon (Unmanned landing)
Venus (Entry Probe)
- The Venus Entry Probe is a European Space Agency space probe to Venus scheduled to be launched on a Soyuz-2/Fregat launch vehicle around 2013.
- India will launch its first Mars probe, Mangalyaan.
- The MAVEN spacecraft, part of NASA's Mars Scout Program, is set to launch in 2013.
Two solar and three lunar eclipses take place in 2013 as follows.
- Partial Lunar eclipse of April 25, 2013
- Penumbral Lunar eclipse of May 25, 2013
- Annular Solar eclipse of May 10, 2013
- Penumbral Lunar eclipse of October 18, 2013
- Hybrid Solar eclipse of November 03, 2013