Portal:Renewable energy/Renewable energy news
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- September 3, 2014: Australia's largest solar power station, the 20MW Royalla Solar Farm, is opened as part of a plan to reach 90% renewables by 2020 in the ACT (Canberra Times)
- August 14, 2014: In the first half of the year 31% of electricity in Germany was generated from renewables. (Business Week)
- August 7, 2014: Solar power capacity in China increased by 3.3GW in the first half of 2014, more than the entire solar capacity of Australia. (Bloomberg)
- July 30, 2014: France passes law that sets a renewable energy target of 32% by 2030. (Euractiv)
- July 15, 2014: The 138MW Jeffreys Bay wind farm in South Africa is inaugurated (REM).
- June 27, 2014: In the first quarter of 2014 a fifth of UK's electricity was from renewables (The Guardian).
- June 22, 2014: 72% of Australians support the 20% by 2020 renewable energy target despite government considering abolishing it. (The Guardian)
- June 20, 2014: Electricity production from solar energy in Germany reaches a record peak matching 50% of national demand on June 9. (Phys.org)
- June 19, 2014: Report shows that 22% of global electricity production in 2013 was from renewables. (Wall Street Journal)
- June 6, 2014: A 100MW solar plant in Chile, the largest in Latin America, is inaugurated. (abc27)
Renewable energy news resources: