Pradeep Sarkar at special screening of Memories in March
April 30, 1955|
|Occupation||producer, director and writer|
In 2005, Sarkar made his directorial debut with the film Parineeta which earned him the national film award for best Director (first film). Parineeta was a critical and commercial success at box office as well.
Sarkar directed his next film under the Yashraj Films banner titled Laaga Chunari Mein Daag. The film was released on 12 October 2007 and was not successful on the Box Office.Later, Sarkar also made Lafangey Parindey with Yash Raj Films. It starred Neil Nitin Mukesh and Deepika Padukone and was released in summer 2010. He directed Mardaani in 2014 that released on 22th August. Again with Rani Mukerji in the leading role that proved to be a hit on the Box Office.
|2005||Parineeta||Director, Art Director, Writer, Screenplay|
|2007||Eklavya: The Royal Guard||Visual Director|
|2007||Laaga Chunari Mein Daag||Director, Writer, Art Director|
Awards and nominations
- 2005: Filmfare Best Art Direction - Parineeta
- 2005: Zee Cine Award for Most Promising Director - Parineeta
- 2006: National Film Award, Indira Gandhi Award for Best First Film of a Director - Parineeta
- Pradeep Sarkar at the Internet Movie Database
- When Parineeta's director nearly lost it
- India's Best Films: Pradeep Sarkar
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|