Prairie Township, Davis County, Iowa
Location in Davis County
|• Total||27.63 sq mi (71.57 km2)|
|• Land||27.58 sq mi (71.42 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.15 km2) 0.21%|
|Elevation||794 ft (242 m)|
|• Density||14.3/sq mi (5.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0468568|
Prairie Township was organized in 1846.
Prairie Township covers an area of 27.63 square miles (71.57 square kilometers); of this, 0.06 square miles (0.15 square kilometers) or 0.21 percent is water.
Cities and towns
- Union Township (north)
- Chequest Township, Van Buren County (northeast)
- Jackson Township, Van Buren County (east)
- Roscoe Township (south)
- Cleveland Township (west)
- Grove Township (west)
- Perry Township (northwest)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Amish Mennonite Church, Armstrong, K P, Knights of Pythias Lodge, Pansy Hill, Pulaski and Wheaton.
- History of Davis County, Iowa. State Historical Company. 1882. p. 428.
|This Iowa state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|