Private Media Group
|Traded as||OTC Pink: PRVT|
|Founded||1965 (as Private Magazine)|
|Founder(s)||Berth Milton, Sr.|
|Key people||Charles Prast
Chairman President CFO CEO
|Products||DVDs, Magazines, Licensing, Online dating service, movies & sex toys|
|Services||Online media, Pay-per-view, Video on Demand, IPTV, Cable & Satellite television|
|Revenue||US$ 31.218 million|
|Operating income||US$ -5.5 million|
|Profit||US$ -5.8 million|
|Total assets||US$ 55.21 million|
|Total equity||US$ 34.85 million|
|Employees||104 - September 2011|
|References: Numbers from Private Media Group, Inc. Company Financials Sept 2011.|
Private Media Group, Inc. is a production and distribution company that distributes adult entertainment via print publications, DVDs, the internet, and mobile.
Private magazine was established in Stockholm, Sweden, in 1965 as the world's first full-color hardcore magazine by Berth Milton, Sr. In the early 1990s, his son Berth Milton, Jr. took over and moved the company's headquarters to Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain, although the company is incorporated in Nevada. Milton also started to produce movies and internet content, and in 1999, Private became the first adult entertainment company to be traded on the NASDAQ stock market. The company was de-listed by NASDAQ on November 15, 2011 because its shares have not met the exchange’s $1 minimum price for 30 days.
Private releases 10-12 new films every month and owns the largest original content adult movie library.
Private has multi-lingual websites. Private offers its content through DVD, Video on Demand (VOD), Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), PSP, mobile and magazines. It supplies adult entertainment films to thousands of major hotels around the world (Hotel Pay Per View). Also, the company runs the channel Private Spice, along with Playboy Enterprises' Spice Networks.
In 1998 the company launched Private Circle, a designer clothing label, at the Cannes Film Festival. The label would later be changed to Private Clothing and a boutique would be opened in Los Angeles.
In August 2008 Private Media Group announced it had established an alliance with Marc Dorcel to collaborate in the home video market. The collaboration starts with a three-year DVD distribution agreement for France and it's expected that Private and Dorcel will explore additional opportunities in other territories. It's also expected that Private and Dorcel will join forces in distribution platforms including Internet and IPTV/VOD in both France and across the EU.
Private's 2009 acquisitions of video on demand companies Gamelink LLC and Sureflix, and the ecommerce technology firm eLine LLC estatblished it as the world's leading adult content and distribution company in the digital media sector.
Private is known for high-budget adult movies such as the two-part series "Millionaire" directed by Alessandro del Mar with a reported budget of $1.9 million. In the last few decades Private has earned more than 130 adult industry awards. Best-selling releases include the Private Gladiator series, Cleopatra, Millionaire and Chateau.
The following is a selection of some of the major awards Private films have won.
- 1994 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for Private Video Magazine 1
- 1995 AVN award – "Best Counting Video Series" for Private Video Magazine
- 1995 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for Virgin Treasures 1 & 2
- 1996 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for The Tower, Parts 1, 2 & 3
- 1996 AVN award – "Most Outrageous Sex Scene" for Private Video Magazine 20
- 1997 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for The Pyramid, Parts 1, 2 & 3
- 1998 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for The Fugitive 1 & 2
- 1999 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for Tatiana 1, 2 & 3
- 2000 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for Amanda's Diary 2
- 2001 AVN award – "Best Foreign Vignette Series" for Private XXX
- 2003 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for Private Gladiator
- 2004 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for The Scottish Loveknot
- 2006 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for Robinson Crusoe on Sin Island
- 2007 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for Porn Wars: Episode 1
- 2009 AVN award – "Best BDSM Release" for House of Sex and Domination
- 2009 AVN award – "Best Foreign Feature" for Jason Colt, Mystery of the Sexy Diamonds
From March 28, 2012, Charles Prast was appointed by the Board of Directors as the Company’s President, Chief Executive Officer and Interim Chief Financial Officer.
In 2008, as a result of the company’s continuing transition from traditional to digital content distribution, DVD and magazine sales decreased, but they were offset by increased Internet, wireless and broadcasting sales. Milton expects Internet, wireless and broadcasting sales to increase significantly given the rapid growth of these platforms.
- "Private Media Group, Inc. Company Financials @ Nasdaq, Inc.". Nasdaq.
- Private Media Group Receives NASDAQ Panel Decision PR-USA.net 2011-11-16
- Private Media de-lists from NASDAQ Mobile Entertainment Green, Tim. 2011-11-18
- The GuardianVeash, Nicola. 1999-07-25.
- Los Angeles TimesHerman-Cohen, Valli. 2001-09-01.
- "Private Media Group Announces Landmark Strategic Alliance With Marc Dorcel". prvt.com. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- Private U.S.A. Sets Release Date For Multimillion-Dollar Feature, Millionaire, AVN Media Network, 3 September 2004
- "AVN AWARDS PAST WINNERS". AVN. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "THE 2009 AVN AWARDS WINNERS". AVN. Retrieved 7 March 2009.