|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Distribution||Random House Publisher Services|
The company was founded by David Borgenicht, co-author of The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook, which has spawned sequels, as well as a TBS television series and a board game. Quirk develops "Coffee Table" books. Their books are made to attract a person's eye at first sight.
More recently, its "Quirk Classics" imprint has also begun publishing mashup combinations of public domain literary classics (currently from Jane Austen, Leo Tolstoy and Franz Kafka) and added anachronisms or juxtaposed tropes from other literary genres such as zombies, predatory sea monsters, robots, androids and kittens.
Quirk specializes in "crossover books" that can be sold outside of book stores. In an interview with The Globe and Mail, David Borgenicht said, "We look for a concept that has a clear core market and, if published and packaged correctly with real, useful, and/or cogent information, has the ability to cross over into non-book stores."
List of published books
- The Last Policeman, by Ben H. Winters (2012)
- How to Tell if Your Boyfriend is the Antichrist by Patricia Carlin and Michael Miller (2010).
- Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin D. Anderson and Sam Stall(2010)
- Friend or Faux (2009) by Heather Wagner
- Geeky Dreamboats (2009) by Lacey Solow and Sarah O'Brien
- The Encyclopedia Shatnerica (1998: 2009) by Robert Schnakenberg
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - A Graphic Novel (2008, ISBN 978-1-59474-281-1)
- Christopher Walken: A to Z (2008) by Robert Schnakenberg
- The Pregnancy Instruction Manual (2008) by Sarah Jordan with David Ufberg, M.D.
- The Rookie Mom's Handbook (2008) by Heather Gibbs Flett and Whitney Moss
- Margarita Mama (2008) by Alyssa Gusenoff
- Mama Knows Breast (2007) by Andi Silverman
- The Amazing Magical Wonder Deck, by Mr. Mysterio
- Chef's Secrets, by Francine Maroukian
- The Field Guide to Produce, by Aliza Green
- How to Survive a Horror Movie, by Seth Grahame-Smith
- My First Book of Business Ethics, by Alan Axelrod
- The Peanut Butter & Co. Cookbook, by Lee Zalben
- Dracula's Heir: An Interactive Mystery (2008, ISBN 978-1-59474-285-9) by Sam Stall
- The Bride Instructional Manual: How to Survive and Possibly Even Enjoy the Biggest Day in Your Life, by Carrie Denny
- The Groom's Instruction Manual: How to Survive and Possibly Even Enjoy the Most Bewildering Ceremony Known to Man, by Shandon Fowler
- The Newlywed's Instruction Manual: Essential Information, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice for the First Year of Marriage, by Caroline Tiger
- Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents, by Cormac O’Brien
- Secret Lives of the First Ladies, by Cormac O’Brien
- Secret Lives of Great Artists, by Elizabeth Lunday
- Secret Lives of Great Authors, by Robert Schnakenberg
- Secret Lives of the Great Composers, by Elizabeth Lunday
Pop Culture Handbooks
- Superman Handbook by Scott Beatty
- The Indiana Jones Handbook, by Denise Kiernan and Joseph D'Agnese
- Batman Handbook, by Scott Beatty
- The Captain Jack Sparrow Handbook, by Jason Heller
- The Spider-Man Handbook, by Seth Grahame-Smith
- The Sherlock Holmes Handbook, by Ransom Riggs
A series of mashup novels, combining public domain classics with fantastical elements, published under the "Quirk Classics" imprint.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2009, ISBN 978-1-59474-334-4) by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
- Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters (2009) by Jane Austen and Ben Winters
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith (2010)
- Android Karenina by Leo Tolstoy and Ben Winters (2010)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After by Steve Hockensmith (2011)
- The Meowmorphosis by Franz Kafka and Coleridge Cook (2011)
The Brick Testament
- The Brick Testament: The Ten Commandments (2005, ISBN 1-59474-044-5) by Brendan Powell Smith
- The Brick Testament: The Story of Christmas (2004, ISBN 1-59474-012-7) by Brendan Powell Smith
- The Brick Testament: Stories from the Book of Genesis (2003, ISBN 1-931686-45-9) by Brendan Powell Smith
- "Home | Quirk". Quirkclassics.com. Retrieved 2010-03-19.