Rank and file
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rank and file may refer to:
- A military term relating to the horizontal "ranks" (rows) and vertical "files" (columns) of individual foot-soldiers, exclusive of the officers
- A term derived from the above used to refer to the bulk of lower-ranking troops, as opposed to the officers
- The individual members of a political organization or labor union, exclusive of its leadership.
- Rank and file movement, a blanket term for informal, left-leaning, militant groups among British trade unionists, generally strenuously opposed to the union hierarchies and by them, and often facing expulsion
- Rank and File Movement, a militant movement which grew within the Amalgamated Association of Iron and Steel Workers in the United States in 1934
- Rank and File, an American post-punk band
- Terms in chess terminology
- A variation of Forty Thieves (card game)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.