Logo of Real Simple Magazine since first publication
|Editor||Kristin van Ogtrop|
|First issue||April 2000|
Real Simple launched by Time Inc. in 2000, features articles and information related to homekeeping, childcare, cooking and emotional wellbeing. The magazine is distinguished by its clean, uncluttered style of layout and photos. Real Simple is a monthly women's interest magazine. Out of the 7.6 million readers, 90% are women. The current editor is Kristin van Ogtrop.
Real Simple in other media
In December 2010, Real Simple launched its first application on the iTunes store sponsored by Sara Lee's Hillshire Farms. "No Time to Cook?", targeted iPhone, Android and iPad users, it features over 850 step-by-step recipes.
In 2010, another app titled Real Simple To-Do Lists was added to Real Simple's array of apps. To-Do Lists helps users organize their lives into lists.
Additionally, in Mother's Day 2012, Real Simple created a Gift Guide app available on the Apple App Store that had a selection of items for people to buy. Users also had the option to donate to the launch partner, March of Dimes.
- Kristin van Ogtrop - Managing Editor
- Julia Edelstein - Associate Editor
- Danielle Claro - Editor at Large for Home
- Didi Gluck - Beauty Director
- Victoria Sanchez-Lincoln - Fashion Director
- Sarah Copeland - Food Director
- Betsy Goldberg - Home Director
Magazine Editors (Realsimple.com)
- Maura Fritz - Deputy Editors
- Brigitt Hauck - Associate Editor
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Audit Bureau of Circulations. June 30, 2011. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- "Real Simple Media Kit" (PDF).
- Sara Lee’s Hillshire Farms opts for in-app sponsorship to push smoked sausage, December 23, 2010 .
- Keeping It Real Simple on the iPhone , April 13, 2010.
- Real Simple steps up mcommerce initiatives with shoppable Mother’s Day app , April 23, 2012.
|This women's magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.