|Parent company||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Founded||1 December 1999|
|Founder||Shabs Jobanputra, Paul Franklyn|
|Distributor(s)||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Country of origin||UK|
|Official website||Official website of Relentless Records|
Relentless Records is an "independently minded" record label, currently headed by co-founder Shabs Jobanputra. Originally known for singles such as Artful Dodger's "Re-Rewind" and B15 Project's "Girls Like This", Relentless has also published albums by Joss Stone, KT Tunstall, So Solid Crew and Cage the Elephant.
Relentless Records was formally registered as a company on 1 December 1999. After first working with Virgin Records in 2003, the label was sold to it in 2009 (when Virgin was at that time a label of EMI Records).
Affected by the November 2011 dissolution of EMI Group (the parent company of Virgin Records), Virgin's recorded music business was sold to Universal Music UK, a division of Universal Music Group. Propitiously, Jobanputra had departed EMI in April 2011, with a deal returning control of the Relentless name to him whilst leaving the label's roster signed to the major. In this interim period, Relentless released music from Ms. Dynamite and Cage the Elephant and signed artists Rude Kid and Misty Miller.
Artists currently signed to Relentless Records
Artists signed under Relentless include:
Artists formerly signed to Relentless Records
Artists formerly signed under Relentless include:
- 3 of a Kind
- Cage the Elephant
- Ms Dynamite
- Seth Lakeman
- Justin Nozuka
- Lethal Bizzle
- Only Boys Aloud
- Jay Sean
- Joss Stone
- KT Tunstall
- Misha B
- "Welcome to Relentless Records". Retrieved 2013-11-13. "Relentless Records is a boutique and independently minded record label providing a home for distinctive, creative talent."
- "RELENTLESS RECORDS LIMITED". Companies House. Retrieved 2013-11-13.
- Complete Music Update (2012-01-13). "Relentless Records joins Sony Music". CMU. Retrieved 2013-11-13.
- "Relentless Records to Sony Music". Room 64. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2013-11-13.
- Smirke, Richard (2012-01-12). "Sony To Resurrect Relentless Records Label". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-11-13.
- "Sony resurrects Relentless Records". Music Week. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2013-11-13.