From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Founded||31st October 2006|
|Headquarters||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|Founder(s)||Mike Doernberg, Jed Carlson, Lou Plaia, Robbert Hubbard, Steve Jernigan|
|Alexa rank||1,847 |
|Type of site||SaaS|
|Launched||October 31, 2006|
ReverbNation.com, launched in 2006, develops technology for musicians, artist managers, record labels, venues, and music festivals for promotion, content management and cross-media licensing opportunities.
- ReverbNation provides a widget that allows its members to place content on web pages. This TuneWidget is a feature that links back to additional content, such as music recommended by the band who created the widget. In 2007, Webs (formerly Freewebs) added a widget service that included TuneWidget as an option for its web site users.
- A feature called Band Equity measures popularity based on four metrics of its service: reach, influence, access, and recency with the top 100 of each genre being recognized.
- Promote It allows independent musicians to advertise on Facebook and other major music websites (Pitchfork Media, Spin (magazine), YouTube), with custom landing pages and dynamic reporting so that users know where their ads have appeared. 
- A music charity program called Music For Good was launched in 2013. This program allows artists to donate half of any MP3 sales to the non-profit of their choice. As of October 2013, the program consisted of more than 100,000 artists and 13 charities (including Oxfam, Half the Sky, and World Vision International).
- The Gig Finder tool simplifies the process of booking shows for musicians. It gives them access to a database of over 600,000 venues and helps them customize their search based on location, name of the venue they wish to play to, places similar artists have played, and clubs the musician has performed at before.
- In May, 2008, Judas Priest pre-released a track from its upcoming album on ReverbNation. Its label, Epic Records, described the use of the TuneWidget as "a must have tool for any artist's viral campaign".
- In Dec, 2009, ReverbNation partnered with Microsoft launching Playlist 7 sponsorship program where 7 top emerging artists where able to showcase their work having one of their songs featured
- Inc. (magazine) Top 500: Rank #345 (2013) 
- Inc. (magazine) Top 5,000: Rank #1000 (2014) 
- Triangle Business Journal 2012, 2013, & 2014 Best Places to Work 
- NC Tech Awards 2014: Finalist (New Media/Digital Technology) 
- "Gigs & Bytes: Judas Priest's Widget / Metallica's Mission". Pollstar. 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2008-05-28.[dead link]
- "TuneWidget". eMinor, Inc. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- "Freewebs Taps Reverbnation to Provide Music Content for 17,000,000 Websites". BusinessWire. 2007-06-25. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- "Bits & Briefs" 120 (15). Billboard. 2008-04-12.
- "Band Equity: A Better Measurement Than Song Charts". eMinor, Inc. 2008-03-17. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- "REHAB to Headline the ReverbNation Tour". top-40charts.com. 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- "Judas Priest Single 'Nostradamus' Blows Up With ReverbNation Widget". Blabbermouth.net. 2008-05-08. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- Playlist 7 Sponsorship Program