August 28, 1991 |
Yury Revich (28 August 1991) is a Russian classical violinist. Amongst his awards are the first prize at the International Violin Competition "Virtuosi of the 21st Century" in Moscow and the National Prize of the Patriarch of All Russia Alexy II "Christmas Star". He is the Young Artist of the Year 2015 by the International Classical Music Awards (ICMA). 
Life and career
Born in Moscow, he studied with Galina Turchaninovoy from 2005 to 2009, with Victor Pikaizen, and since 2009 with Pavel Vernikov at the Konservatorium Wien. He participated in the International Charity Fund of Vladimir Spivakov.
He has performed at international Festivals, such as the Verbier Festival, Vladimir Spivakov's Festival in Colmar (France), the Rostropovich Festival in Baku (Azerbaijan), the Rome Chamber Music Festival, Liana Isakadze's Festival in Batumi (Georgia), the Festival of music in Kaunas, and the Eilat Festival in Israel.
Revich has received several awards at international competitions for young musicians - in particular, the first prize at the International Violin Competition "Virtuosi of the 21st Century" in Moscow and the National Prize of the Patriarch of All Russia Alexy II "Christmas Star", the third prize and special prize "For the best interpretation of works by Johann Sebastian Bach" at the 12th International Violin Competition in Kloster-Schontal (Germany, 2007). According to the TV TVC, French violin master Alan Carbonara, a game inspired by the young musician made his nameplate violin. He won the first prize of the Guzik Foundation. The journalist Natalia Kolesova wrote in 2001:
In his performance of Basque Capriccio by Sarasate you heard drama, passion and courageous rigor. Gloss playing a young violinist once again proved that in the world of music maturity comes not with age, and responds to the depth of feelings.
In May 2009, he made his debut at New York's Carnegie Hall. He first played at Zurich Tonhalle and La Scala in Milan in 2013, performing Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto (Tchaikovsky) with the Orchestra Sinfonica di Milano Giuseppe Verdi conducted by Zhang Xion. He records for Sony Classical, ARS, Odradek and onepoint.fm.
- Russian Soul – with Valentina Babor (piano), 2012, Ars Produktion 1008420
- Andreas Romberg: 3 Violin Sonatas, Op.32 – 2013, Sony Classical Switzerland G010002935153N
- Yury Revich gibt Debut in Mailand (in German) Konservatorium Wien. 22 October 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2013
- About artist Yury Revich.
- Поздравляем наших лауреатов! // Official site of Spivakov International Foundation.
- Концерт «Времена года» Official site of TVC.
- Н. Колесова. Надежды маленький оркестрик // Boss, 2001, № 11.
- "Молодые звезды молодого века" начали международное турне в Нью-Йорке RIA News