|Origin||Long Island, New York|
Funeral doom metal
Rigor Sardonicous is an American death inspired doom metal band from Long Island, New York. Coined as "raw, apocalyptic doom", Rigor Sardonicous is one of the earliest American doom metal bands that are still active today among Novembers Doom and Evoken. The band members are committed to unearthing the darkest, deepest funereal doom sounds imaginable since coming together in 1988. According to the interview, the band is influenced by slow parts of death metal bands like Obituary, Winter and Autopsy.
Pursuant to the information that is given on the official forum, the band is writing a new album which will be called Ego Diligio Vos. The release date is currently undetermined.
- Risus Ex Mortuus (CD, 1994, Self-released, re-released by Endless Desperation, 2006)
- Apocalypsis Damnare (CD, 1999, Self-released, re-released by Paragon Records, 2005)
- Principia Sardonica (CD, 2004, Paragon Records)
- Amores Defunctus Tuus Mater (CD split w/Dimentianon, Largactyl Records, 2007)
- Vallis Ex Umbra De Mortuus (CD, LP, 2008, Paragon Records)
- Vivescere Exitium (Live recording. Free digital download off main website, Distoare Music, 2009)
- Ego Diligio Vos (CD, February 2012)