Robert A. Harris
Robert A. Harris is a film historian and preservationist, and owner of The Film Preserve Ltd, a New York-based company which specializes in the restoration and reconstruction of classic films. In collaboration with James C. Katz, he has restored a number of films, including Lawrence of Arabia (1989), Spartacus (1991), My Fair Lady (1994), Vertigo (1996), and Rear Window (1998). In 2006, he was involved in the restoration of The Godfather and The Godfather Part II. In 2013, Harris completed restoration work on the roadshow version of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
Harris also produced "The Grifters" with Martin Scorsese (1990), and developed screenplays including "Endurance" (Shackleton) and "Airship Empire" (The R101) with producer Wendy Winks. "Airship Empire" was optioned to Hearst, "Endurance" was optioned to USA, but neither were produced.
Harris is a regular contributor on a dedicated insider forum with Home Theater Forum.
- AV Club Interview, March 2000
- Remastering a Masterwork: Restoration of The Patriot
- Robert A. Harris' Statement at the Film Preservation Study: Washington, D.C. Public Hearing, February 1993
- eFilmCritic: Robert A. Harris On Restoring "The Godfather"
- Robert A. Harris at the Internet Movie Database
- Yellow Layer Failure, Vinegar Syndrome and Miscellaneous Musings: Harris' column at The Digital Bits (2002-2009) (NOTE: site archive; hyperlinks have to be manually modified to view them)
- Harris on Home Theater Forum
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|