||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
Belgrade playing tabla on stage.
|Born||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Other names||Robbie Belgrade|
|Alma mater||Ali Akbar College of Music|
|Occupation||Voice actor, musician|
as Optimus Prime/Soundwave
Robert Belgrade is an American voice actor and musician. He's best known for being the original English dubbing voice actor for Alucard in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and for being the announcer in several entries of the Tekken series.
Belgrade attended the Ali Akbar College of Music, and began his studies in Western Classical music on the piano and flute. After that he studied the saxophone and improvisation under John Handy. He also studied vocal music under Ali Akbar Khan and the tabla under Alla Rakha, Zakir Hussain and Swapan Chaudhuri. He currently resides in Berkeley, California, and performs in a wide range of musical concepts, including R&B, jazz, Latin and Indian music.
Robert Belgrade worked regularly as a voice actor in video games since 1995. After 2007 however, he is not known to have any credited voice acting role.
Belgrade maintained a website that had information on his music and voice acting credits, at www.belgrademusic.com. For unknown reasons, the site went down sometime after 2009, and has never been put up again.
- Press Start Adventures (2007) - Rick
- Tekken (1994): Announcer (uncredited)
- Tekken 2 (1995): Announcer
- Hang-On GP (1995): System Voice
- Star Ocean (1996) : Captain
- Soul Blade (1997): Rock, Hephaestus
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (1997): Alucard
- Winter Heat (1997): Announcer
- Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (1998): Narrator
- Kurushi Final: Mental Blocks (1998): Additional voices
- Silpheed: The Lost Planet (2000): Additional voices
- Dynasty Warriors 2 (2000): Cao Cao
- Shenmue (2000): Pedro
- Sky Odyssey (2000)
- Tekken Tag Tournament (2000): Announcer (uncredited)
- WinBack: Covert Operations (2001): Additional voices
- Shenmue II (2002): Cool Z
- Mega Man X7 (2003): Signas
- Transformers (2003): Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Narrator
- Silent Hill 4: The Room (2004): Joseph Schreiber (uncredited)
- Tekken 5 (2005): Announcer
- Lunar Knights (2006): Stoker
- Tekken: Dark Resurrection (2007): Announcer
- Bevan, Andy. "From Conception to Realisation". Elder Conservatorium of Music. University of Adelaide. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
|This article on an individual musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a voice actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|