Rock Island 2002
Rock Island poster, listing some of the artists playing on the day
|Location(s)||Seaclose Park, Newport, Isle of Wight, UK|
|Date(s)||3 June, 2002|
Rock Island was the first revived Isle of Wight Festival to take place on the Seaclose Park site in Newport on the Isle of Wight. It was a one-day event held on 3 June 2002. The event had a capacity of 22,000, however only around 8 to 10,000 attended. Local band Neglected Youth won the right to open the concert in a recent talent contest, a tradition that would be continued throughout subsequent years of the festival. Limited camping facilities were also made available on fields nearby.
It is notable that this Festival took place on the same day as the Party at the Palace.
Day tickets cost £35.
- "Virtual Festivals - Rock Island 2002". www.virtualfestivals.com. Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- "Isle of Wight County Press - FESTIVAL SET TO ROCK INTO 2003". www.iwcp.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "BBC - Southampton Music - Rock Island 2002". www.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- "Isle of Wight County Press - GO-AHEAD FOR FESTIVAL 2003". www.iwcp.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- Isle of Wight Festival Official Website - isleofwightfestival.com