Rock the Bayou
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (July 2008)|
Rock The Bayou was a four-day rock festival celebrating the 1980s rock scene. From Houston, Texas the inaugural show took place from Labor Day weekend, August 29- September 1, 2008 on the 100-acre (0.40 km2) former location of Houston’s AstroWorld theme park and featured a variety of musical acts from genres such as hard rock, heavy metal, glam metal, and classic rock.
The festival had more than 100 bands confirmed, contrary to initial estimates that 40 bands would be playing.
2008 Bud Light (Main) Stage Lineup
Over 100 bands appeared on four stages during the 4 days of Rock the Bayou. The headliners for the 2008 Rock the Bayou Concert were Queensrÿche, Sammy Hagar, Alice Cooper, and Bret Michaels. Besides the main stage, there were a second and third stage of other bands.
The following bands have performed for the main stage from the Rock the Bayou website:
Friday, August 29
Saturday, August 30 "Day 2"
- Sammy Hagar
- Lita Ford
- Great White
- Enuff Z'Nuff
- Bullet Boys with Steven Adler
- Britny Fox
- Little Caesar
Sunday, August 31 “Day 3”
Monday, September 1 “Day 4”
- Bret Michaels from Poison
- Twisted Sister
- Pretty Boy Floyd
- Bang Tango
- Broken Teeth
- Rock The Bayou Expands To Offer More Than 100 Bands
- Gray, Chris (September 11, 2008). "Rock The Bayou Is a Bust". Music. Houston Press. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "2008 Rock The Bayou Headliners" (Press release). Retrieved 2008-07-03.
- "Second Stage: Up and Coming Music Talent". 2008-06-24. Retrieved 2008-06-27.
- "Rock The Bayou 2008 Feature Lineup". Retrieved 2008-06-27.
|This music festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|