Rockingham County NC Shiloh Airport
|Rockingham County NC
|IATA: none – ICAO: KSIF – FAA LID: SIF|
|Serves||Reidsville, North Carolina|
|Location||Stoneville, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||694 ft / 212 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Rockingham County NC Shiloh Airport (ICAO: KSIF, FAA LID: SIF, formerly 78N) is a county-owned, public-use airport in Rockingham County, North Carolina, United States. It is located off of J.J. Webster Highway in the town of Stoneville, eight nautical miles (15 km) northwest of the central business district of the city of Reidsville It is also known as Rockingham County/NC Shiloh Airport, Rockingham County/Shiloh Airport, or simply as Shiloh Airport.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned SIF by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned SIF to Simra Airport in Nepal).
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 220 acres (89 ha) at an elevation of 694 feet (212 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 13/31 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,199 by 100 feet (1,585 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 30, 2008, the airport had 24,100 aircraft operations, an average of 66 per day: 99.6% general aviation and 0.4% military. At that time there were 66 aircraft based at this airport: 88% single-engine and 12% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for SIF ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 11 February 2010.
- "Airport Information". Rockingham County / Shiloh Airport. Retrieved March 3, 2010.
- "Rockingham County/NC Shiloh Airport - 78N" (PDF). North Carolina DOT Division of Aviation. Retrieved March 3, 2010.
- "Shiloh Airport (KSIF)". National Weather Service. Retrieved March 3, 2010.
- "Rockingham County NC Shiloh Airport (KSIF)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved March 3, 2010.
- "Simra Airport (SIF / VNSI), Nepal". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved March 3, 2010.
- Aerial image as of 28 February 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SIF, effective July 24, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|