Roman Catholic Diocese of Las Vegas
|Diocese of Las Vegas
|Territory||Counties of Clark, Esmeralda, Lincoln, Nye, and White Pine|
|Ecclesiastical province||San Francisco|
544,519  (33%)
|Established||March 21, 1995|
|Cathedral||Guardian Angel Cathedral|
|Patron saint||St. Peter the Apostle
St. Paul the Apostle
|Bishop||Joseph A. Pepe
Bishop of Las Vegas
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Las Vegas (Latin: Dioecesis Campenis) is an ecclesiastical territory or diocese of the Roman Catholic Church in the southern Nevada region of the United States. It comprises the Counties of Clark, Esmeralda, Lincoln, Nye, White Pine and is governed from the City of Las Vegas. The Bishop of Las Vegas has his liturgical and canonical seat (cathedra) at the Guardian Angel Cathedral.
The See of Las Vegas is a suffragan diocese of the Ecclesiastical Province of the Archdiocese of San Francisco. Other suffragan sees include the dioceses of Honolulu, Oakland, Reno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Jose, Santa Rosa, and Stockton.
The Bishop of the Diocese of Las Vegas is The Most Reverend Joseph A. Pepe. On April 6, 2001, Pope John Paul II appointed Monsignor Pepe as the second bishop of the diocese. The Episcopal Ordination and Installation of Bishop Pepe was celebrated on May 31, 2001.
The list of bishops of the diocese and their terms of service:
- Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas
- St. Viator School (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School
- St. Francis de Sales
- Our Lady of Las Vegas
- St. Christopher
- St. Anne's
- St. Joseph's
- Catholic Church by country
- Catholic Church in the United States
- Ecclesiastical Province of San Francisco
- Global organisation of the Catholic Church
- List of Roman Catholic archdioceses (by country and continent)
- List of Roman Catholic dioceses (alphabetical) (including archdioceses)
- List of Roman Catholic dioceses (structured view) (including archdioceses)
- List of the Catholic dioceses of the United States
- "Catholic-Hierarchy.org". Retrieved 2009-12-31.