||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
|Born||Ryan Daniel Buell
July 8, 1982
Corry, PA, United States
|Occupation||paranormal investigator, author and producer|
Ryan Daniel Buell (born July 8, 1982) is an American paranormal investigator, author and producer who founded the Paranormal Research Society when he was a 19-year-old student at Pennsylvania State University.
Buell was born in Corry, Pennsylvania of Italian and Native American ancestry, and raised in Sumter, South Carolina. He earned bachelor degrees in journalism and anthropology from Penn State University in State College, Pa.
Buell's investigations became the core premise of the A&E show Paranormal State, for which Buell is the director. Buell is also the Executive Producer for an upcoming feature film, American Ghost Hunter, which was announced to be in production in Spring 2009. The film was shot in May 2009. In 2011, Buell and partner Chad Calek announced a 41-city tour for the film. In 2010, Buell served as Co-Executive Producer for Paranormal State and for The Ghost Prophecies, of which he is also the co-creator. Buell and his team decided against continuing Paranormal State after the fifth season to pursue other things. Their final episode aired Monday, May 2, 2011.
Buell's memoir, Paranormal State: My Journey into the Unknown was released in September 2010. Among other subjects, Buell discusses his bisexuality and his struggle to reconcile his sexual orientation with his Catholicism. "I’ve decided to share my sexuality and struggle over faith in hopes that others will no longer feel as though they are alone or that they can’t be religious."
In 2014, Buell was accused of scamming fans after he was a no-show for the Paranormal: The Experience lecture tour in Canada that was scheduled for June.  Buell later apologized and announced on July 14 that he was cancelling his United States tour, Conversations with the Dead due to health issues.  
- Hughes, Elaine (April 14, 2006). "Paranormal Research Society founder set to graduate". The Daily Collegian Online.
- "Stars of A&E show haunt UConn". The Daily Campus. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- Ryan Buell official Twitter page. November 29, 2009 entry. accessed October 18, 2010
- A&E's Paranormal State website
- Staff writers (2010-09-14). "EW Exclusive: 'Paranormal State' star Ryan Buell comes out in new book". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- Dyball, Rennie (2012-08-09). "Ryan Buell Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer". People. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- Ryan Buell official Twitter page May 26, 2014 entry. accessed July 21, 2014
- Albrecht, John (2014-06-19). "Former 'Paranormal State' star Ryan Buell accused of ripping off fans". JohnAlbrechtJr.com. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Ryan Buell official Facebook page. July 14, 2014 entry. accessed July 21, 2014
- Albrecht, John (2014-07-14). "Ryan Buell apologizes for scamming fans and uses health problems as an excuse". JohnAlbrechtJr.com. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Hill, Sharon (2014-07-17). "Ryan Buell cancels paranormal tour, claims health problems". Doubtful News. Retrieved 21 July 2014.