From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up SIL or sil in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
SIL, Sil and sil may refer to:
- Servis Industries Limited (SIL), a rubber production company and a group of companies in Pakistan.
- Smithsonian Institution Libraries, a system of 20 branch libraries serving the various Smithsonian Institution museums and research centers.
- State Informatics Limited (SIL) is a Systems Integrator in Mauritius and a leading ICT company in Africa.
- SIL International, a global Christian non-profit organization that studies lesser-known languages (formerly the Summer Institute of Linguistics).
- SIL, formerly the American Stock Exchange ticker symbol for Apex Silver Mines.
- Societas Internationalis Limnologiae, former name for the International Society of Limnology.
- Society for Individual Liberty, later part of the International Society for Individual Liberty.
- Scooters India Limited, formed when the Indian government purchased Lambretta.
- Southwest International League, a defunct American minor league baseball league.
In science and technology:
- Solid immersion lens, a device usually used in optical microscopy.
- Standard Interchange Language, a language standard used for the information exchange between software.
- Software-in-the-Loop, a method used in regression testing.
- Sil, a vector drawing program for the Xerox Star computer system.
- SIL, an alternate symbol for the human gene STIL.
- Surge impedance loading, a physical property of electrical transmission lines.
- Squamous intraepithelial lesion, abnormal tissue situated within a squamous epithelium.
- Safety Integrity Level, a measurement of performance required for a Safety Instrumented Function.
- Speech Interference Level, an acoustical parameter.
- Stable Isotope Labelling e.g. SILAC.
- Sil (Doctor Who), a villain from the British science-fiction series Doctor Who.
- Sil, a character in the film Species.
- Silvio Dante, a character on The Sopranos.
- Narasingha Sil, historian.
- Sil Campusano, a former Major League Baseball player.
- Sil Austin, a jazz saxophonist.
- Sil, a member of the Dutch rap-metal band Urban Dance Squad.
- Sil, Minor Lastname in Poland 35-50 persons.
- Sil, (full name Silvy De Bie), former member of Belgian Eurotrance band Sylver, now turned solo.
- Sil (river), a river in Galicia, Spain.
- Sile (river), also called the "Sil", in Italy.
- SIL code, a three-letter language code used in SIL International's Ethnologue.
- sil, the ISO 639-3 language code for Tumulung Sisaala.
- South Island Line, a plan of MTR Hong Kong.
- Silverstone Circuit, an English motor racing circuit.
- Son-in-law or sibling-in-law, in on-line and text messaging usage.
- Sing it Loud, an American pop rock band.
- Silence-Lotto, the UCI code for the professional road bicycle racing team.
- Nissan Silvia, short/slang name for the Nissan Silvia series.
- SIL Open Font License, a free and open source license designed for fonts.
- Common Intermediate Language, sometimes pronounced "sil".
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title SIL.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.