From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up sailor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A sailor is part of a crew on a ship or boat.
Sailor may also refer to:
- Sailor, a person able to, or engaged in operating a wind-powered vessel or sailboat – (a person who is sailing).
- People with the surname Sailor
- Walter Ronnie Sailor, Jr., American money launderer
- Wendell Sailor (born 1974), Australian rugby footballer
- People with the nickname Sailor
- Sailor Art Thomas (1924–2003), American bodybuilder and professional wrestler
- Sailor Brown (1915–2008), English footballer
- Sailor Burke, ring name of American boxer Charles Presser (1885–1960)
- Jimmy Herbert (1897–1968), Canadian National Hockey League player
- John Hunter (footballer) (18787ndash;1966), Scottish football player and manager
- Sailor Roberts (1931–1995), American poker player
- Sailor Stroud (1885–1970), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Sailor Young (1876–1964), English cricketer
- Sailor White (also Moondog King), ring name of Canadian professional wrestler Edward White (1949–2005)
- Fictional characters
- Sailor Steve Costigan, created by Robert E. Howard, in an eponymous series of stories
- The Sailor Senshi, from the Sailor Moon media franchise
- In entertainment
- Sailor (band), a British pop group whose highest profile was in the mid-1970s
- Sailor (album), a 1968 album by the Steve Miller Band
- The Sailor, a 1979 album by singer-songwriter Mickey Newbury
- "Sailor" (song), 1960 song popularized by Lolita, Petula Clark and Anne Shelton
- Sailor (TV series), a 1970s BBC television series
- Sailor (horse) (1817–1820), an American Thoroughbred racehorse
- Sailor II (foaled 1952), an American Thoroughbred racehorse
- Other uses
- Sailor Creek, Idaho, a tributary of the Snake River
- Sailor, in brickwork terminology, a brick laid vertically on its end with the largest, broad face exposed
- Sailor, a computer network operated by Enoch Pratt Free Library on behalf of the public libraries in the State of Maryland
- Sailor, a type of wide-brimmed, flat-crowned straw hat.
- Sailors (disambiguation)
- Sailer (disambiguation)
- seifuku (Japanese sailor-inspired school uniform)
- Naval warfare
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sailor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.