|Founders||Simon Slade & Mark Ling|
|Headquarters||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|Products||Wholesale Directory, Market Research Lab, SaleHoo Stores, Online Selling Tactics|
SaleHoo Group Limited is a New Zealand based e-commerce company that manages SaleHoo.com, a website specializing in global trading between wholesalers and retailers. It is one of the largest wholesale directories on the Internet and one of the first to offer international wholesale contacts.
History and Origin
The company was founded in 2005 by New Zealand-born entrepreneurs Simon Slade and Mark Ling in Christchurch, New Zealand. While Slade worked full-time for Hewlett-Packard, he also sold on New Zealand’s local online auction site, Trade Me. After receiving numerous inquiries about where he found his suppliers, Slade recognized the demand for a directory of verified suppliers.
Together, Slade and Ling each contributed $500 to launch SaleHoo. Other expenses they begged, borrowed or promised to pay later. SaleHoo reached 10,000 members just eight months after its creation and currently serves over 100,000 retailers and eBay sellers, primarily in the US, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. SaleHoo’s parent company, Doubledot Media Limited was named the 23rd fastest-growing company in New Zealand on the Deloitte/Unlimited Fast 50 index.
Operation & Products
As of December 2014, SaleHoo offers four products:
- "The Hyper-Personalized Business Model Trend". ecommercetimes.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Simon Slade-Who You Know or What You Know in Sales?". priceofbusiness.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Founders Share Their Scariest Startup Stories". tech.co. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Entrepreneur Helps People Kick the 40-Hour/Week Grind". ceoblognation.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Simon Slade – CEO of Doubledot Media Limited". ideamensch.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "5 Market Research Tools for EBay Sellers". ecommerce-guide.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Deloitte Fast 50 - who will make this year's list?". 3news.co.nz. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Keeping staff happy good for business". stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Simon says “rinse and repeat”". nzbusiness.co.nz. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Demystifying Liquidation Suppliers: Can they boost your online sales?". tamebay.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Introducing SaleHoo Online Stores". tamebay.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.