From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up salient in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Salient may refer to:
- Salient (geography), part of a discrete territory projecting out of the main portion, bordered by foreign territory on three sides, into which it projects; also called a panhandle
- Salient (heraldry), an adjective describing a heraldic beast in a leaping attitude
- Salient (magazine), Victoria University of Wellington student publication
- Salient (territory), a battlefield feature that projects into enemy territory
- Salient pole, a salient (i.e., projecting) electromagnetic pole of a field coil
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.