||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (December 2007)|
||This article contains weasel words: vague phrasing that often accompanies biased or unverifiable information. (June 2009)|
Samsung Q1 is an Ultra-Mobile PC with a 7" (18 cm) LCD and exists in several different versions.
- Intel Celeron M ULV (Ultra Low Voltage) 353 running at 900 MHz
- 40GB 1.8" Hard Drive
- 512MB DDR2 533
- Max memory 2GB DDR2 533
- Mobile Intel 915GMS Express Chipset
- 7 inch WVGA (800×480) touch screen (using finger or stylus) with software downscaling 1024*600
- VGA port
- Weighs 0.78 kg
- 3-cell battery (up to 3 hours) or 6-cell battery (up to 6 hours)
- WLAN 802.11b/g
- LAN port 100 mbit
- CompactFlash port Type II
- Stereo speakers
- Array mics
- AVS mode using Windows XP embedded
- Bluetooth enabled
- Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
- 2 USB ports
The Q1 is one of the first ultra-mobile computers (UMPC) produced under Microsoft's "Origami" project. The Q1 can boot into two different modes: typical Windows XP (OS can be replaced), and AVS mode running Windows XP Embedded. AVS mode runs in a separate partition and boots directly to a music, photo, and video player with no Windows Explorer interface. The AVS feature is unique to the Q1.
Samsung Q1 SSD
The SSD version is identical to the Q1 except that the 40 GB hard disk drive has been replaced by Samsung's 32 GB solid-state drive. At release, the SSD version was about twice as expensive as the normal Q1.
The Q1b is Samsung's second UMPC device, with a much improved battery life and 30% brighter screen compared to the Q1. The CF port and the Ethernet port have been removed on this version. It also has a mono speaker and a single microphone.
- VIA C7-M ULV @ 1 GHz
- 5 Hour Battery Life (using standard 3-cell battery)
- 30% Brighter Screen (LED backlight)
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g support)
- Bluetooth v2.0
- 512 MB DDR RAM
- 40 GB Hard Drive
- Optional WiBro Module
- Optional High-Speed Downlink Packet Access Module
Samsung Q1F (Pentium M)
Manufacturer Part #: NP-Q1-F000
This is almost identical to the original Q1 but with a faster 1 GHz Intel Pentium M processor (723) which enables speedstep technology for better battery usage. It is possible to buy a 6-cell battery instead of the default 3-cell to double the time on all these devices. The Pentium edition also has:
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- 60 GB Hard Drive
- Microsoft Windows Vista
Samsung Q1 Ultra
All Q1U models offer a new split keyboard, 1GB of RAM (user upgradeable to 2GB), SD card slot and 1024×600 screen. A GPS accessory is also offered, which may be used with the included mapping software.
Samsung Q1 Ultra Premium
Uses an Intel Core Solo U1500 processor at 1330 MHz. 1GB of RAM upgradeable to 2GB.
This is the most recently released and highest performance machine in the Q1 series..
- Tablet PC
- Sony Vaio UX Micro PC
- Fujitsu Lifebook U Series
- VIA NanoBook
- Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
- Nokia N800
- Pepper Pad
- Raon Digital Everun
- "Samsung Q1 Ultra". Samsung.