Sana Maulit Muli
||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (February 2011)|
|Sana Maulit Muli|
|Genre||Soap opera, Teleserye|
|Theme music composer||Gary Valenciano
|Ending theme||"Sana Maulit Muli" by Gary Valenciano|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||73 (see list of episodes)|
|Running time||20-25 minutes|
|Picture format||NTSC 480i|
|Original run||January 8, 2007– April 20, 2007|
|Followed by||Walang Kapalit|
Sana Maulit Muli (lit. I Wish It Could Happen Again) is a Filipino primetime soap opera produced by ABS-CBN. It was considered as one of the most watched television shows in the Philippines from January 8, 2007 to April 27, 2007 . In Taiwan, the soap premiered on February 18, 2008 with the title, Chances (真愛奇緣 Zhēn Aì Qí Yúan).
Sana Maulit Muli is about two young lovers who discover how true love can overpower fate and destiny. Small-town girl Jasmin Sta. Maria (Kim Chiu) and Travis Johnson (Gerald Anderson), the illegitimate son of an American soldier, meet as stowaways in a ship sailing from Cebu. They promise to write each other as they were separated; this promise is intercepted as soon as Camille Soriano (Erich Gonzales) deceives Travis by writing to him as Jasmin. In time, Travis' father dies and their family leaves for the Philippines only to meet up with Camille and consequently Jasmin. A rocky start between Jasmin and Travis (when Jasmin was assigned to tutor him after a school brawl) turns into friendship then real love. Jasmin learns later on of Camille's deception and soon after learns that Camille is her younger sister. To make amends with her sister, Jasmin gives away everything for Camille's happiness leading to the break-up. Due to the taunting of Travis' brother Brandon, a twist ensues as Jasmin dies by a bus accident.
Given a chance to change destiny by the mysterious Mang Andres (Michael de Mesa), Travis leaps back in time to be with the person that he loves. Also, Brandon (Jake Cuenca) falls in love with Bianca (Neri Naig), Clara's (Glydel Mercado) sister. Clara is also Camille's stepmom. Jasmin's mother (Mickey Ferriols) is the true mother of Camille, which means Jasmin and Camille are sisters. But Camille does not know the truth.
Brandon is falling head over heels for Bianca and she does as well, after all his sweet visits to her photo shop. (Bianca is a photographer from Boston who moves back because of the breakup of her boyfriend.) Finally, Bianca gives in, and she accepts Brandon, sleeping in his condo for the night which results to her getting pregnant.
Travis attempts to let Jasmin love him but the fact that Jasmin does not know about their love hinders him. Despite Mang Andres request to Travis of not to reveal what he knows about the past, he stubbornly continues to try to change everything. Every time Travis reveals something from the past, it ultimately causes a ripple in time. For one, he confronts Camille about her lie on being Poknat. Camille insists that she is indeed the real Poknat by singing Poknat and Bokbok's song and showing Travis the heart of the friendship, the sandal (which in Book 1 Camille did not have). Thus, instead of trying to gain Jasmin's love again, Travis could ultimately be changing the fabric of time for the worse; for example, Clara, Camille's stepmom, dies of a fire because of Travis. Jasmin realizes because of her life that Travis is saving, other people are dying in exchange for her life. But earlier, because Travis saved at the bet, Jasmin and Travis won't be disturbed by him and they can finally be together again. As the time comes closer, Travis tries to save Jasmin's life but is mistaken to have mental problems since his paranoia for Jasmin's safety is becoming worse. He's then confined in a hospital.
As the night of Jasmin's death comes, Travis goes through different escapades to escape the hospital, to save her. Finally getting to see each other, Jasmin, still afraid but willing to die, promises to fight for her life. As the moment arrives, an out-of-control truck hits Jasmin and Travis, which left Jasmin safe and Travis in critical condition. Fully shocked by what had happened, Jasmin makes a deal with Mang Andres to keep Travis alive, in exchange for her life. But all plans fail when Travis pursues to die to save Jasmin from dying again. Just in time Jasmin is saved by her parents. Opposite from Book 1, everyone mourns Travis' death, except for Jasmine, because she believes in her heart that Travis and she will be together again. Before going back to the United States, Travis' mother, Monica, leaves all of his belongings to Jasmin, as she knows Travis would've wanted her to have them. Jasmin sees the watch that brought Travis back in time. Jasmin goes back in time, during her happiest times with Travis and far away from danger.
With that happening, Mang Andres finally decides to let Jasmin and Travis be, leaving all of them happy and alive. In conclusion, Brandon and Bianca are a happy couple, married and in love, with a new baby son. Jasmin goes to law school and Travis becomes a doctor. She soon graduates and becomes a successful lawyer. Camille becomes a happy teacher. Jasmin and Travis soon marry and are happily together.
- Main Cast
- Gerald Anderson as Travis "Bokbok" Johnson
- Kim Chiu as Jasmin "Poknat" Sta. Maria
- Erich Gonzales as Camille Soriano
- Jake Cuenca as Brandon Johnson
- Gloria Diaz as Monica Johnson
- Mark Bautista as Francis Marquez
- Mickey Ferriols as Emily Sta. Maria
- Tonton Gutierrez as George Soriano
- Michael de Mesa as Mang Andres
- Glydel Mercado as Clara Soriano
- Arron Villaflor as Kevin Roque
- Neri Naig as Bianca Espino
- Nathan Lopez as Romeo Bato
- Marco Aytona as Bruce
- Kyle Balili as Tam
- Frank Garcia as Pete
- Jeffrey Santos as Arnold Bato
- Cheska Iñigo as Maria Bato
- Khaycee Aboloc as Young Camille
- Celine Lim as Young Jasmin
- Francis Magundayao as Young Travis
- Rosendo leswe as Young Kulot
"Say You'll Never Go" by Erik Santos "I Remember the Boy" by Sheryn Regis "Umaasa lang Sayo" by Six Part Invention "Maalala Mo Sana" by Silent Sanctuary "Mine" by Kim Chiu "Hiling" by Frio
Sana Maulit Muli in Taiwan
This series was sold to TBS under the PTS network, entitled "Chances". It was dubbed in Taiwanese, and premiered on February 18, 2008. In spite of its late in the night schedule at 11:00 PM, it constantly made waves in Taiwan.
- Directors: Jerome Pobocan and Tots Sanchez-Mariscal
- Executive in charge of production: Roldeo Endrinal
- Executive producer: Brenda Lee Estopacio
- Production manager: Julie Anne R. Benitez
- Creative manager: Rondel Lindayag
- Head writer: Reggie Amigo
- Writer: Philip King
- A film with the same title was made in 1995. It stars Aga Muhlach and Lea Salonga, and was produced by ABS-CBN's sister company, Star Cinema.
- This is Chiu and Anderson's first teleserye on primetime TV.
- Its first title was My Destiny, but later changed to Sana Maulit Muli.
- The composer and the singer of the song "Sana Maulit Muli", Gary Valenciano, agreed to use his song on the series to represent the new generation of teenagers.
- This series was sold to TBS, entitled Chances. It was dubbed in Taiwanese, and premiered on February 18, 2008.
- Its finale reached an impressive 40.6% in the Nationwide ratings (NUTAM).
- After this soap opera Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson's pairing in (Drama soaps)dates began mostly on January 18 as their date in 2009 for Tayong Dalawa which ran for 9 months til September 25, 2010 and Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo their latest Soap Offering which is ending on July 9, 2010 which ran for 7 months which is a part of the 60th year of Philippine Drama.
- Sana Maulit Muli became the most watched soap of half of 2007 and most favorite drama
- Its theme song Sana Maulit Muli is the No.1 Hit Song and Most Popular Music Video on YouTube with Millions of Views.
- The song Sana Maulit Muli was originally a private elegy song, written in English, for the fallen actress Julie Vega called "Why did you close your eyes so soon." It was later publicly released with different lyrics, in Filipino, written by Angelie, Gary V's wife.
- "Sana Maulit Muli", is a song used as a drama series title is one of the songs used in the 2012 drama series Walang Hanggan. The other one being Kahit Isang Saglit.
- Several scenes in the teledrama involve time travelling. It can be a possible reference to the Sisters of Fate in Greek Mythology
|2007||21st PMPC Star Awards for Television||Winner, Best New Male TV Personality (Gerald Anderson)|
|2007||21st PMPC Star Awards for Television||Winner, Best New Female TV Personality (Kim Chiu)|
|2007||ASAP Pop Viewer's Choice Awards 2007||Winner, Pop TV Show of the Year|
|2007||ASAP Pop Viewer's Choice Awards 2007||Winner, Pop TV Character of the Year (Bokbok and Poknat)|
- Sana Maulit Muli at the Internet Movie Database