From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up sandbagging in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sandbagging, hiding the strength, skill or difficulty of something or someone early in an engagement, may refer to:
- Sandbagging in billiards and other games, deliberately playing below one's actual ability in order to fool opponents into accepting higher stakes bets, or to lower one's competitive rating in order to play in a future event with a higher handicap and consequently have a better chance to win; the term has spread to chess, go and other such games
- Sandbagging (golfing), playing poorly until establishing a handicap and then raising bets, using the established handicap to gain advantage.
- Sandbagging (racing), deliberately qualifying slower than what the car can actually perform
- Sandbagging (grappling), competing in a skill-bracket or being ranked lower than one is deemed capable of
- Sandbagging (law), suing for a breach of a contractual representation or warranty despite having known at the time of the contract that it was untrue
- Sandbagging (tennis), deliberately losing games to stay at the lower skilled league.
- Slow play (poker), deceptive play in poker
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.