Santa Barbara Police Department
|Santa Barbara Police Department|
|Badge of the Santa Barbara Police Department since 1990|
|Motto||"Dedicated to Service"|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||City of Santa Barbara in the state of California, United States|
|Size||41.4 sq mi (107 km2)|
|Legal jurisdiction||City of Santa Barbara, California|
|Governing body||Santa Barbara City Council|
|Headquarters||215 E Figueroa St
Santa Barbara, California
|Agency executive||Camerino Sanchez,
Chief of Police
|* Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
The Santa Barbara Police Department is a local law enforcement agency in the city of Santa Barbara, California. It was founded in January 1900 by the mayor at the time, Charles A. Storke. The department's jurisdiction is a little over 40 sq mi (100 km2) and has a population of around 90,000.
- Chief Support Staff Chief, Deputy Chief, Diversity Officer, Internal Affairs, Public Information Officer, Secretary
- Support Services Business Office, Parking, Station Officer
- Community Services Commander, Asst. Commander, Secretary, Beat Coordinators, Cadets, Community Relations, Crime Analysis, DARE, Information Technology, Property and Evidence, Police Activities League, Records, Training/Recruitment
- Investigative Commander, Asst. Commander, Secretaries, Burglary, Crimes Against Persons, Forensic Science, Narcotics/Vice, Police Technician, Polygraph, Special Investigations, Warrants
- Patrol Commander, Asst. Commander, Secretary, Admin. Sgt./Field Training Officer, Communications Center (911), Parking Enforcement, Special Enforcement Team, Night Life Enforcement Team, Tactical Patrol Force, Hosts, Tactical Planning / Special Events, Traffic, Watch Commanders, Watch Supervisors, K-9, Drinking Driver Team, Crisis Response Unit, S.W.A.T., Reserves
Santa Barbara is a city in Santa Barbara County, California, United States. Situated on an east-west trending section of coastline, the longest such section on the West Coast of the United States, the city lies between the steeply-rising Santa Ynez Mountains and the sea. Santa Barbara's climate is often described as Mediterranean, and the city is sometimes referred to as the "American Riviera."
- City of Santa Barbara – Government – City Departments – Police – Police Organizational Structure. Santabarbaraca.gov (2008-03-13). Retrieved on 2011-06-05.
- Santa Barbara Travel Guide – Hotels, Restaurants, Sightseeing in Santa Barbara – New York Times Travel. Travel.nytimes.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-05.
|This law enforcement–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|