|Traded as||NASDAQ: SAPE|
|Industry||Global markets, Government services and Advertisement|
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Key people||Alan J. Herrick (Co-Chairman and CEO)|
|Services||Business consulting and outsourcing services|
|Revenue||$ 1.01 billion (2013)|
|Operating income||$100.17 million (2011)|
|Employees||11,000+ (March 31, 2013)|
Sapient is a marketing and consulting company that provides business, marketing, and technology services to clients. The company operates three divisions, SapientNitro, Sapient Global Markets and Sapient Government Services.
History and structure
In 2005, Sapient established a Government Services division as an independent subsidiary in Arlington, Virginia, to serve federal government clients. In 2006, it acquired Planning Group International, a Miami-based interactive agency.
In August 2008, Sapient's TRM practice expanded with the acquisition of the London-based Derivatives Consulting Group. In June, 2009, the company acquired Nitro Group, a traditional global advertising agency.
- FedTrade Auction system for open market operations (designed for the Federal Reserve Bank of New York)
On October 24, 2003, the company restated its financial results by decreasing interest income by $337,000 in the first quarter of 2003, and by $188,000 in the second quarter.
- "Sapient Corp. Buys Studio Archetype". AdvertisingAge. 1998-08-26. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- "S.F. Net shop deal shatters price record". San Francisco Business Times. 1999-05-16. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- Christine Blank (2005-12-13). "Sapient Buys Marketing Agency". DMNews.
- Schmerken, Ivy (2008-08-11). "Sapient Boosts Derivatives Operations with Acquisition of DCG Consultancy by Advanced Trading". Advancedtrading.com. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Sapient to Buy Nitro for $50 Mil.". 2009-06-16.
- "FOMC May 10, 2006 Meeting Presentation materials". Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "NMA | NMA Top 100 Interactive agencies 2009". Top100.nma.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Sapient Posts Profitable Third Quarter Results".