||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2013)|
June 6, 1970
|Subjects||Young adult literature|
Sarah Dessen was born in Evanston, Illinois on June 6, 1970. She moved with her family to North Carolina where she now resides with her husband, Jay, daughter Sasha, and two dogs.
Early Life 
Even as a child, Sarah loved to read and write; two authors she read often were Lois Lowry and Judy Blume.  Around age eight or nine, her parents gave her a manual typewriter and desk set up in the corner of the family den. It was there that she typed her first stories. 
Writing Life 
Following the publication of Dreamland, Dessen taught at a local university and wrote what would later become This Lullaby, which Dessen claims to be her favorite book among her own work.
- 1996 – That Summer
- 1998 – Someone Like You
- 1999 – Keeping the Moon (also released as Last Chance)
- 2000 – Dreamland
- 2002 – This Lullaby
- 2004 – The Truth About Forever
- 2006 – Just Listen
- 2008 – Lock and Key
- 2009 – Along for the Ride
- 2010 – Infinity (novella)
- 2011 – What Happened to Goodbye
- 2013 – The Moon and More
Film Adaptations 
- "Sarah Dessen". TV.com. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "Sarah Dessen: Biography". Puffin Books. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- Official Site
- Works by or about Sarah Dessen in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Sarah Dessen on Myspace
- Sarah Dessen at the Internet Movie Database
- "Along for the Ride Book Review" – ChickLovesLit.com