|Scott D. Pelath|
|Member of the Indiana House of Representatives
from the 9th district
June 29, 1998
|Born||Scott Douglas Pelath
July 9, 1970
Michigan City, Indiana
|Residence||Michigan City, Indiana|
|Alma mater||Indiana University|
|Occupation||Human resources director|
|Service/branch||United States Army Reserve|
Scott Douglas Pelath (born July 9, 1970) is the Minority Leader of the Indiana House of Representatives. Since 1998, he has represented Indiana's 9th District, which currently covers portions of LaPorte County and Porter County in Northwest Indiana.
Early Life and Education
Pelath was born and raised in Michigan City, Indiana, to Richard Pelath and Rebecca (née Hoerr) Pelath. After attending Long Beach Elementary and Krueger Junior High, he graduated from Michigan City Elston High School in 1988. He then went on to receive his Bachelor of Science degree in public affairs from Indiana University in 1992.
Prior to coming to the Indiana House, Scott served as an aide to U.S. Rep. Tim Roemer from 1992 to 1997. He also chaired LaPorte County's Democratic Party through the 2000 election, and was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention that year.
Outside of the state legislature, Pelath works as a human resources director at the Swanson Center in Michigan City.
Pelath was elected as a Democrat to the State House in 1998 and on November 8, 2012, Representative Pelath was elected Indiana House Democratic Leader.
- Indiana State Legislature – Representative Scott Pelath Official government website
- Follow the Money – Scott Douglas Pelath
- Office of the Indiana Secretary of State (March 10, 1998). "Meeting Minutes INDIANA ELECTION COMMISSION". in.gov.
- "Scott D Pelath". engagingnews.us. April 26, 2013.
- "Pelath to Lead House Democrats". insideindianabusiness.com. November 8, 2012.
- "State Representative Scott Pelath of Michigan City to serve as Democrat House leader". chestertontribune.com. November 9, 2012.
- "INDIANA ELECTION 2012 Scott D. Pelath". indianapublicmedia.org. April 26, 2012.
- "Indiana House of Representatives, District 9 Name.". southbendtribune.com. October 20, 2010.
- The Louisville Courier-Journal (November 8, 2012). "Indiana House Democrats select Scott Pelath for post-Bauer era". courier-journal.com.
- "2012 Indiana House of Representatives Leadership – Minority". thecorydongroup.com. April 26, 2013.
- "Budget Negotiations Inch Closer to Deadline". insideindianabusiness.com. June 26, 2009.
- "Indiana Gay Marriage Proposal Takes New Turn". theindychannel.com. March 21, 2007.