Ellis (left) at the Osaka European Film Festival.
|Born||1970 (age 43–44)
Sean Ellis (born in 1970) is a British film director, writer, producer and fashion photographer. He is best known for his films Cashback (2004), The Broken (2008), and (in the Tagalog language) Metro Manila (2013).
In 2006, he was nominated for an Oscar Award in the category "Best Short Film, Live Action" for his film, Cashback. The feature film was produced more than a year after the original 2004 short film was completed. Following a decision in December 2005 to proceed with the feature, Ellis completed the expanded script in seven days. After getting commitments from his cast in March he secured financing and the film went into production in May. This schedule was exceedingly condensed by modern film making standards.
His next major film, The Broken, premiered on 18 January 2008 as part of the 2008 Sundance Film Festival. It also was the first choice in Horrorfest 2009 and was part of the Sitges Film Festival 2008.
Ellis resides in London, England.
Metro Manila picked up three trophies at the 2013 British Independent Film Awards, taking Best British Independent Film, Best Director for Sean Ellis, and Best Achievement in Production.
||Nominated: Oscar Award (Best Short Film, Live Action)
Won: Bermuda International Film Festival (Best Narrative Feature)
Won: Brest European Short Film Festival (Grand Prix)
Won: Chicago International Film Festival (Best Short Film)
Won: Tribeca Film Festival (Best Narrative Short)
||Nominated: Catalonian International Film Festival (Best Film)|
||Won: Fuji Short Film Award (Best Short Film)
Nominated: British Academy Film Award (Best Short Film)
Nominated: BAFTA Award (Best Short Film)
||Won: British Independent Film Awards (Best Director)|
- "Bookmakers slash Crash Oscar odds". BBC. 3 March 2006. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- Interview with Sean Ellis appearing on DVD version of Cashback
- Sundance Film festival – 2008 Online Film Guide
- The Broken – After Dark Horrorfest Review | Cinefantastique Online
- DVD- und Blu-ray Premiere: THE BROKEN (Koch Media)
- Awards for The Broken at the Internet Movie Database
- "Modefotograf Sean Ellis Der Hund, dem die Models zu Füßen lagen". Frankfurter Rundschau. 8 November 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Masters, Tim. "Metro Manila wins best British indie film award". BBC. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "www.fujifilmshorts.com".[dead link]
- "Film Nominations in 2009". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. 15 January 2009. Retrieved 15 January 2009.
|This biographical article related to film in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|