Sebastian Karlsson (ice hockey)
September 19, 1986 |
|Height||6 ft 0.5 in (184 cm)|
|Weight||194 lb (88 kg; 13 st 12 lb)|
Nybro Vikings IF
On November 5, 2011, Sebastian Karlsson hit former Frölunda HC teammate Magnus Kahnberg to the head in an away game between Karlsson's Linköping and Kahnberg's Frölunda. The hit resulted in Kahnberg being hospitalised with a severe concussion, a deep forehead laceration, and several teeth knocked out. Karlsson received a match penalty, and was suspended for 11 Elitserien games, which was at the time the 2011–12 Elitserien season's longest suspension as well as the third longest suspension in the Elitserien history. He also missed the entire 2011 European Trophy playoffs as a result, because Elitserien suspensions also cover ice hockey in general and thus are not limited to the Elitserien league (the suspension expires after December 20, 2011).
Karlsson is the younger brother of fellow professional ice hockey player, Jens Karlsson.
- Eriksson, Frank (2011-11-08). "Elva matchers avstängning för Karlsson". Hockeyligan (in Swedish). Hockeyligan.se. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Straffet: 14 matcher". Sportbladet (in Swedish). aftonbladet.se. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Här är de längsta straffen i elitserien". Tidningarnas Telegrambyrå (in Swedish). Expressen. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- Sebastian Karlsson's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Sebastian Karlsson's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Sebastian Karlsson (ice hockey) profile at Eurohockey.com
- Sebastian Karlsson (ice hockey) – player profile and career stats at European Hockey.Net
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey centre is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey winger is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|