From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Secant is a term in mathematics derived from the Latin secare ("to cut"). It may refer to:
- a common term for radius.
- a secant line, in geometry
- the secant variety, in algebraic geometry
- the secant method, a root-finding algorithm in numerical analysis, based on secant lines to graphs of functions
- the trigonometric function, reciprocal to the cosine
- a secant ogive in nose cone design
|This disambiguation page lists mathematics articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.