||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (December 2013)|
Seka at the 2007 AVN Awards
Radford, Virginia, U.S.
|Other names||Platinum Princess, Dottie|
|Ethnicity||Irish, Native American|
|No. of adult films||231 as performer & 2 as director|
Dorothiea Patton was born and raised in Radford, Virginia, having, she recalled, "a plain, normal childhood" alongside one brother and one sister. Her early pornographic pseudonums included Linda Grasser
She eventually adopted the screen name Seka, after a female blackjack dealer she knew in Las Vegas. She went on to star in more than 200 adult videos with "a break" in 1982, when she stopped shooting sex movies, claiming "they wouldn't pay her what she wanted," and turned to stripping and nude modeling while also running her own fan club. Subsequently she admitted that the HIV epidemic in the mid-'80s contributed to her decision to avoid the hardcore sex scene ("That's why I don't make movies any more . . . I like to live"). By the early '90s she had returned to the porn industry to perform in a few final movies, her last being American Garter.
Jamie Gillis, who performed with Seka numerous times, believed that she was "a bit above porn", describing her as a "white trash queen." Of her fellow performers, she lists her favorite male screen partners as Gillis, John C. Holmes, Mike Ranger, and Paul Thomas. In terms of female screen partners, she rates her favorites as Veronica Hart, Aunt Peg, Kay Parker and Candida Royalle.
In 1997, she hosted a radio talk show in Chicago called Let's Talk About Sex on Saturday nights from 10pm-2am on 97.9FM, The Loop; she did the show for about three years. Five years later, she was the focus of a documentary, Desperately Seeking Seka. The premise finds Swedish filmmakers Christian Hallman and Magnus Paulsson on a quest to find the porn legend and ask for an interview. Since its completion, the film toured the international film festival circuit and became available on DVD.
In 2005, Seka moved from Chicago to Kansas City, operating her fan club through her own website. In February 2007 she gave an interview with the Kansas City-based alternative weekly newspaper The Pitch, during which she stated she had just shot her first hardcore scene in nearly 15 years, available as on-line pay per view.
Seka is one of twenty-five women of the golden era of adult films featured in the 2012 book, by author Jill C. Nelson, entitled: Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968–1985 published by BearManor Media.
- Teenage Desires (1978) (footage from 1974)
- Rocking With Seka (1980)
- Inside Seka (1980)
- The Seduction Of Cindy (1980)
- Exhausted: John C. Holmes, the Real Story (1981)
- Blond Heat (1985) (opposite John Leslie)
- Careful, He May Be Watching (1987)
- American Garter (1993)
- Desperately Seeking Seka (2002)
- Michael Sneed and Cheryl Lavin (1986-08-09). "Shutterbug, Gay Rights Backers, Share Laugh in Chicago". Ocala Star-Banner. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Seka, in Skerchock, John (Undated). "Seka, A Chiller Theatre Interview". OfficialSeka.com. Archived from the original on May 14, 2011.
- Joanne Cachapero (2007-12-11). "Seka". Eros NY. Archived from 2007-12-11/seka/ the original on 2007-12-13. Retrieved 2007-12-15.
- Full-on clothing
- The Other Hollywood: The Uncensored Oral History of the Porn Film Industry, by Legs McNeil & Jennifer Osborne, ISBN 0-06-009659-4, page 231.
- Bad Brad (2010-04-11). "Legendary Adult Movie Star Seka Sits Down with RSR to Talk about Her Career and Love for the Sport of Boxing Part I". ringsidereport.com. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Peter Rugg (2007-02-08). "Hardcore at 52". The Pitch. Archived from the original on 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2007-06-26.
- "Seka Recalls Salad Days of Porn in Autobiography". 24 May 2006. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "The XRCO Hall of Fame", Adam Film World Guide 1992 Directory of Adult Films, pp. 284–85
- Jennifer Sugar and Jill C. Nelson (8 August 2008). John Holmes: A Life Measured in Inches. BearManor Media. ISBN 9781593933029.
- by Jill C. Nelson. Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968–1985 (1st ed.). BearManor Media. ISBN 9781593932985.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seka.|
- Official website
- Seka at the Internet Movie Database
- Seka at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Seka at the Adult Film Database
- The Seka Photo Club
- Anonymous (Undated). "Actors: Seka". eBay. Archived from the original on June 13, 2006. </ref>