Seka at the 2007 AVN Awards
April 15, 1954
Radford, Virginia, U.S.
|Other names||Platinum Princess, Dottie|
|Ethnicity||Irish, Native American|
|No. of adult films||231 as performer & 2 as director|
Seka (born Dorothea Patton April 15, 1954) is a retired American pornographic actress who appeared in many pornographic films during the late 1970s and the 1980s, sometimes referred to as the Golden Age of Porn. She is also a member of the AVN and X-Rated Critics Organization Hall of Fame.
Dorothea Patton was born and raised in Radford, Virginia, having, she recalled, "a plain, normal childhood" alongside one brother and one sister. Her early pornographic pseudonyms included Linda Grasser
She eventually adopted the screen name Seka, after a female blackjack dealer she knew in Las Vegas. She went on to star in more than 200 adult videos with a "break" in 1982, when she stopped shooting sex movies, claiming "they wouldn't pay her what she wanted," and turned to stripping and nude modeling while also running her own fan club. Subsequently she admitted that the HIV epidemic in the mid-1980s contributed to her decision to avoid the hardcore sex scene, saying "That's why I don't make movies any more . . . I like to live". By the early 1990s she had returned to the porn industry to perform in a few final movies, her last being American Garter.
Jamie Gillis, who performed with Seka numerous times, believed that she was "a bit above porn". Of her fellow performers, she lists her favorite male screen partners as Gillis, John C. Holmes, Mike Ranger, and Paul Thomas. In terms of female screen partners, she rates her favorites as Veronica Hart, Aunt Peg, Kay Parker and Candida Royalle.
In 1997, she hosted a radio talk show in Chicago called Let's Talk About Sex on Saturday nights from 10pm-2am on 97.9FM, The Loop; she did the show for about three y=ears. Five years later, she was the focus of a documentary, Desperately Seeking Seka. The premise finds Swedish filmmakers Christian Hallman and Magnus Paulsson on a quest to find the porn legend and ask for an interview. Since its completion, the film toured the international film festival circuit and became available on DVD.
In 2005, Seka moved from Chicago to Kansas City, operating her fan club through her own website. In February 2007, she stated she had just shot her first hardcore scene in nearly 15 years, available as online pay-per-view.
She has appeared on various talk shows such as The Montel Williams Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Larry King Live, Donahue, and The Morton Downey, Jr. Show as well as an appearance on the variety show Saturday Night Live. Seka was also in the 2010 documentary After Porn Ends, which is about life after being a porn actor.
Awards and recognition
Seka is a member of the AVN Hall of Fame, and the X-Rated Critics Organization Hall of Fame. and is one of 25 women of the golden era of adult films featured in a 2012 book about erotic cinema of the era.
- Teenage Desires (1978) (footage from 1974)
- Rocking With Seka (1980)
- Inside Seka (1980)
- The Seduction Of Cindy (1980)
- Exhausted: John C. Holmes, the Real Story (1981)
- Blond Heat (1985) (opposite John Leslie)
- Careful, He May Be Watching (1987)
- American Garter (1993)
- Desperately Seeking Seka (2002)
- Michael Sneed and Cheryl Lavin (1986-08-09). "Shutterbug, Gay Rights Backers, Share Laugh in Chicago". Ocala Star-Banner. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Seka at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Seka, in Skerchock, John (Undated). "Seka, A Chiller Theatre Interview". OfficialSeka.com. Archived from the original on May 14, 2011.
- Joanne Cachapero (2007-12-11). "Seka". Eros NY. Archived from 2007-12-11/seka/ the original on 2007-12-13. Retrieved 2007-12-15.
- Full-on clothing
- Staff. "Seka Actress, Writer, Director". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- The Other Hollywood: The Uncensored Oral History of the Porn Film Industry, by Legs McNeil & Jennifer Osborne, ISBN 0-06-009659-4, page 231.
- Bad Brad (2010-04-11). "Legendary Adult Movie Star Seka Sits Down with RSR to Talk about Her Career and Love for the Sport of Boxing Part I". ringsidereport.com. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Rugg, Peter (2007-02-08). "Hardcore at 52". The Pitch. Archived from the original on 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2007-06-26.
- "Seka Recalls Salad Days of Porn in Autobiography". 24 May 2006. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "The XRCO Hall of Fame", Adam Film World Guide 1992 Directory of Adult Films, pp. 284–85
- Nelson, Jill C. Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968–1985. BearManor Media. ISBN 9781593932985.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seka.|