In some countries, a Senior Advisor is an appointed position by the Head of State to advise on the highest levels of national and government policy. Sometimes a junior position to this is called a National Policy Advisor. In some instances, these advisors form a Council of State or a State Council. Senior Advisor also is a title for senior civil servants in several countries, and is also used in organisations.
Taiwan (Republic of China)
The President of the Republic of China can appoint Senior Advisors to the Office of the President of the Republic of China (中華民國總統府資政) and National Policy Advisors to the Office of the President of the Republic of China (中華民國總統府國策顧問), but they do not form a council.
Senior Advisor is a title used within the Executive Branch of the United States Government for various positions. The senior advisors to President Barack Obama are Valerie Jarrett, and Daniel Pfeiffer.
Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Advisor to President of Pakistan is title mostly used for the member of advisory committee to President of Pakistan. Constitution of Pakistan allows President to keep advisors. The president is the ceremonial head of the state, is the civilian commander-in-chief of the Pakistan Armed Forces with Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee as its principle military adviser. Abdul Qadir Patel was appointed as political advisor to president Asif Zardari after resignation of former adviser Faisal Raza Abidi.
- Senior Advisor to President of the Republic of China
- King, John (November 9, 2008). "Obama wants Valerie Jarrett to replace him in Senate". CNNPolitics.com.
- "Obama Names Transition Team". Retrieved 2008-11-06.
- Abdul Qadir Patel as the President of PPP’s Karachi wing and Adviser to the President after Abidi’s resignation. Daily Dawn Retrieved July 3rd, 2012
- Abdul Qadir Patel nominated as Adviser to the President The Nation Retrieved July 4th, 2012
- Faisal Raza Abidi to resign as advisor to the President News Pakistan Retrieved July 3rd, 2012