September 11, 2007 Osama bin Laden video
The Sept 11 2007 Osama bin Laden video appeared five days after the September 6, 2007 Osama bin Laden video, on the sixth anniversary of the September 11 attacks. It is the second video produced by As-Sahab purportedly featuring a eulogy by Osama bin Laden to 9/11 hijacker Waleed al-Shehri.
In the video, a voice identified as bin Laden's delivers the 14-minute introduction. The voice is heard over a still picture of bin Laden, dressed and groomed as he appears in the September 6, 2007 video. The 33-minute balance of the recording is a video will read by al-Shehri.
Some mainstream media outlets say that video lasts 47-minutes.
The title of the video is 'The Wills of the Heroes of the Raids on New York and Washington.' 
"Although CNN could not independently confirm the authenticity of the video, it did feature the logo of As-Sahab Media, the company that traditionally handles al Qaeda communications to the public. The 47-minute videotape was obtained by terrorism expert Laura Mansfield before it was to appear on several Islamist Web sites known for carrying statements from al Qaeda and other radical groups."
Nasr goes on to state that:
"The balance of the recording is a video well read by al-Shehri, with 9/11 symbols in the background. He is the seventh of the 19 hijackers to appear in such a will since the terrorist attacks" and that "The voice and picture in the video sound and appear similar to a bin Laden video released late last week."
There is no indication that any part of the video was recorded recently. The only element tying it to somewhat-current events is in the introduction and the mention of the death of al Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was killed during a U.S. raid in June 2006.
For several weeks, radical Islamist Web sites have been announcing that there would be "good news soon from Sheikh Osama bin Laden."
- Videos of Osama bin Laden
- Videos of Ayman al-Zawahiri
- Messages to the World: The Statements of Osama bin Laden (book published in 2005)
- Nasr, Octavia (September 11, 2007). "New bin Laden video surfaces". CNN. Retrieved 2007-09-12
- Kirkup, James (September 12, 2007). "Bin Laden returns to mark anniversary of 9/11 attacks as America remembers its dead". The Scotsman (Edinburgh).
- "New bin Laden video surfaces - CNN.com". CNN. September 11, 2007. Retrieved May 23, 2010.
- The Wills of the Martyrs of New York & Washington (FULL Video)
- Bin Laden video released on 9/11 anniversary - The Daily Telegraph, September 12, 2007
- New Bin Laden video released - BBC News, September 11, 2007 (video)
- Bin Laden releases video on 9/11 anniversary - The Guardian, September 11, 2007
- Bin Laden returns to mark anniversary of 9/11 attacks as America remembers its dead - The Scotsman, September 12, 2007
- New Sept. 11 bin Laden video surfaces - CNN, September 11, 2007
- Al-Qaeda releases video will of 9/11 hijacker on anniversary - CNN, September 11, 2007