Serena Armstrong-Jones, Viscountess Linley
IssueHon. Charles Armstrong-Jones
Hon. Margarita Armstrong-Jones
|Noble family||Stanhope (by birth)
Armstrong-Jones (by marriage)
|Father||Charles Stanhope, 12th Earl of Harrington|
1 March 1970 |
Serena Alleyne Armstrong-Jones, Viscountess Linley (née Stanhope; born 1 March 1970) is an Anglo-Irish aristocrat, and by marriage, a niece-in-law of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
Lady Linley was born in Limerick, Ireland. She is the daughter of Charles Stanhope, 12th Earl of Harrington, and the former Virginia Freeman Jackson. Her parents divorced when she was 13 years old. Through her father, Lady Linley descends from Charles II of England's illegitimate child, Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton. This makes her a distant cousin of Diana, Princess of Wales.
Marriage and children
The marriage between Serena Stanhope and David Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley, son of Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, took place on 8 October 1993 at St. Margaret's Church, Westminster. The bride's diamond engagement ring and wedding band are from Wartski. She wore a dress designed by Bruce Robbins, noted for its resemblance to Princess Margaret's 1960 Norman Hartnell wedding dress. Her going-away outfit was designed by Robinson Valentine.
Lord and Lady Linley have two children:
- The Hon. Charles Patrick Inigo Armstrong-Jones (born 1999)
- The Hon. Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne Armstrong- Jones (born 2002)
- 1 March 1971–8 October 1993: The Honourable Serena Alleyne Stanhope
- 8 October 1993–present: Viscountess Linley
- "Person Page 10274". Thepeerage.com. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 1796.
- "British engagement rings". Order of Splendor.
- "The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Top 10 Best Royal Wedding Dresses: #6. HRH Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon". Orderofsplendor.blogspot.com. 2010-06-14. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "Latest news and profile of Anna Valentine". hellomagazine.com. 2001-01-01. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Scent of success for Lord Linley’s wife". Express.co.uk. 2010-11-28. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- Passion for Provence
- Serena Alleyne Armstrong-Jones, Viscountess Linley (1970-), Daughter of Viscount Petersham (National Portrait Gallery photographs)
|Orders of precedence in the United Kingdom|
Lady Sarah Chatto
|This biography of a peer, peeress or noble of the United Kingdom, or one or more of its constituent countries, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|