Serena Armstrong-Jones, Viscountess Linley
The Lady Serena Alleyne Armstrong-Jones, Viscountess Linley (née Stanhope; born 1 March 1970) is an Anglo-Irish aristocrat and a member, by marriage, of the extended British Royal Family. She was born in Limerick, Ireland.
She was born The Honourable Serena Stanhope and is the wife of Viscount Linley, the son of the late Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon. She is the daughter of Charles Stanhope, 12th Earl of Harrington and the former Virginia Freeman Jackson. Viscountess Linley's parents divorced when she was 13 years old. Through her father she descends from Charles II of England through his illegitimate child Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton by Barbara Palmer, 1st Duchess of Cleveland. She also descends from Charles Somerset, 1st Earl of Worcester through the 2nd Duke of Grafton's wife, Lady Henrietta Somerset and the portrait painter, William Armfield Hobday.
Marriage and children 
The Hon. Serena Stanhope married David Armstrong- Jones, Viscount Linley, Princess Margaret and Antony Armstrong- Jones, Earl of Snowdon's son, on 8 October 1993 at St. Margaret's Church, Westminster. The bride's diamond engagement ring and wedding band are from Wartski. 
She wore a dress designed by Bruce Robbins, noted for its resemblance to Princess Margaret's 1960 Norman Hartnell wedding dress. Her wedding make-up was by Maggie Hunt. Her going-away outfit was designed by Robinson Valentine.
Lord and Lady Linley have two children:
- The Hon. Charles Patrick Inigo Armstrong-Jones, 13
- The Hon. Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne Armstrong- Jones, 10
Her daughter, Margarita, was a bridesmaid at Prince William and Catherine Middleton's wedding and Charles is the Queen's Page of Honour.
Professional life 
At the time of her engagement, Serena Stanhope was working in public relations for Giorgio Armani.
- 1 March 1971–8 October 1993: The Honourable Serena Alleyne Stanhope
- 8 October 1993–12 April 2009: The Honourable Serena Armstrong-Jones, Viscountess Linley
- 12 April 2009–present: The Lady Serena Armstrong-Jones, Viscountess Linley
- "Person Page 10274". Thepeerage.com. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 1796.
- "British engagement rings". Order of Splendor.
- "The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Top 10 Best Royal Wedding Dresses: #6. HRH Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon". Orderofsplendor.blogspot.com. 2010-06-14. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "Latest news and profile of Anna Valentine". hellomagazine.com. 2001-01-01. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Scent of success for Lord Linley’s wife". Express.co.uk. 2010-11-28. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- Passion for Provence
- Serena Alleyne Armstrong-Jones, Viscountess Linley (1970-), Daughter of Viscount Petersham (National Portrait Gallery photographs)
|Orders of precedence in the United Kingdom|
Lady Sarah Chatto
|This biography of a peer, peeress or noble of the United Kingdom, or one or more of its constituent countries, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|