|Full name||Segio Arturo Bernal Hernandez|
|Date of birth||February 9, 1970|
|Place of birth||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2002||→ Puebla F.C.||11||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Bernal played as a goalkeeper for Club Universidad Nacional, a Mexico City team commonly known as the Pumas. He joined the Pumas in 1988 from the UNAM Fuerzas Basicas. He has been champion with Pumas 4 times, in 1991, and was a major part in getting the golden year back to back "bicampeones" in 2004. He was also the team captain. He made his 500th 1st Mexican division appearance on 21 February 2010. Pumas won the match 1–0 against Atlante FC.
He announced his retirement on 9 December 2010 after 21 years of playing for the UNAM Pumas.
He participated in the USA Cup in 2001 under Hugo Sánchez and had been called to the Mexican National Team of Hugo Sánchez twice but he was unable to play on either occasion because of shoulder and knee injuries.
- Fuerzas Básicas del Pumas – (México)
- Pumas – (México)
- Correcaminos UAT – (México)
- Puebla F.C. – (México)
- Pumas – Campeón de Liga 1990–1991 – (México) – 1991
- Pumas – Campeón Clausura 2004 – (México) – 2004
- Pumas – Campeón Apertura 2004 – (México) – 2004
- Pumas – Campeón Clausura 2009 – (México) – 2009
- Pumas – Winner of XXVI Trofeo Santiago Bernabéu UEFA champions- 2004
- "Sergio Bernal colgó los guantes" [Sergio Bernal hung up his gloves] (in Spanish). La Prensa. 9 December 2010.
- Sergio Bernal at National-Football-Teams.com
|This biographical article relating to Mexican association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|