|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|Birth name||Shannon Renee' Magrane|
October 21, 1995 |
Tampa, Florida, United States
Shannon Renee Magrane (born October 21, 1995 in St. Louis, Mo and raised in Tampa, Florida) is an American singer-songwriter and one of the Top 11 finalists for the eleventh season of American Idol 2012. Since then she has toured opening for acts such as Sheryl Crow, Ziggy Marley, 3 Doors Down, America the Band and Air Supply. She has performed nationally at events such as NASCAR races, National political conventions, MLB World Series games, NFL Pregame concerts, and numerous festivals. Just recently in 2013 she collaborated on a track entitled “Girls of the Night” with Deborah Cox on Frank Wildhorn’s Jekyll and Hyde Revival Album.
Magrane auditioned in Savannah, Georgia. In the semi-finals she performed "Go Light Your World" by Kathy Troccoli. She was one of the top five female vote getters and advanced to the top 13. In the top 13 she performed "I Have Nothing" by Whitney Houston and was one of the bottom three female voter getters, but was declared safe. In the top 11, she performed "One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men and was eliminated.
|Episode||Theme||Song choice||Original artist||Order #||Result|
|Audition||Auditioner's Choice||"Something's Got a Hold on Me"||Etta James||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 1||First Solo||"Fallin'"||Alicia Keys||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 2||Group Performance||"Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!)"||Blu Cantrell||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 3||Second Solo||"What a Wonderful World"||Louis Armstrong||N/A||Advanced|
|Las Vegas Round||Songs from the 1950s
|"At the Hop" / "Blue Suede Shoes"
with Joshua Ledet, Curtis Finch, Jr., and Amber Holcomb
|Danny & the Juniors / Carl Perkins||N/A||Advanced|
|Final Judgement||Final Solo||"The Trouble with Love Is"||Kelly Clarkson||N/A||Advanced|
|Top 25 (12 Women)||Personal Choice||"Go Light Your World"||Kathy Troccoli||10||Advanced|
|Top 13||Whitney Houston||"I Have Nothing"||Whitney Houston||6||Bottom 3 Women1|
|Top 11||Year They Were Born||"One Sweet Day"||Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men||6||Eliminated|
- ^Note 1 When Ryan Seacrest announced the results for this particular night, Magrane was among the Bottom 3 Women but declared safe second, as Elise Testone was declared as the bottom female vote getter.
Magrane appeared on The Today show and Anderson on March 20, 2012. On April 13, 2012 Magrane performed "The Star-Spangled Banner" at Busch Stadium prior to the season home opener of the St. Louis Cardinals. She also performed at the official welcome party of the 2012 Republican National Convention.
- "Tampa's Magrane gives J-Lo 'goosies' during 'Idol' performance". March 1, 2012. Retrieved March 9, 2012.
- "Locals survive another round of 'Idol'". March 2, 2012. Retrieved March 9, 2012.
- "'American Idol' Cast-Off Shannon Magrane Talks That Steven Tyler Moment On 'Anderson' (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. March 21, 2012. Retrieved March 31, 2012.
- Ree Hines (March 20, 2012). "Ousted 'American Idol' teen Shannon Magrane defends final song choice". MSNBC. Retrieved March 31, 2012.
- "RNC welcome party lacks big names in national media". August 27, 2012. Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- Carlson, Erin (7 March 2012). "American Idol Recap". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 24 June 2012.